Reprogramming ECM - Duramileage? - Page 10 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Performance Upgrades Discuss what Intakes,Exhaust,Fuel System,Programmers,Tuners,&Trans. are right for you.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2010, 08:56 PM   eBay Motors  #91 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

Duramax disappointment

I totally understand what you are sayin. After duramileage ez tuner in all settings, 80 seems the best. 17.3 on highway best I've seen. I have gone as far as putting 245s back on the truck to hopefully gain mileage. Now it looks stupid AND gets 17 mpg on highway. I have been looking into off road exhausts ; my ez tune has options for without dpf, so maybe that will work.

Any PROVEN exaust upgrade recommendations? '07.5 crew cab
Monzanick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2010, 04:11 PM   eBay Motors  #92 (permalink)

bijueee

I purchased the duramilage tuner several weeks ago, you can buy the tuner, or send them your tuner which they will send back to you or you can purchase from them a new tuner all programed and exchange with stock one when going to dealer.
I purchased the tuner for 382.00 delivered, set the tune for econ.65 and drove 30 miles to key west using the dic on my 2003 2500 hd 6.6l with the lb7 engine. the dic registered 28.4mpg on the way down and 28.6 on the way back. This truck is stock, tires 245/75R/16 I have always had good milage, 23mpg on highway at 65mph, 16 mpg towing small travel trailer 3500 lbs.
will be on a trip in two weeks towing trailer will post milage after trip. I seldom drive over 65 towing or otherwise. To early to pass judgement on the tuner but think it will do as stated. Phil (bijueee)
bijueee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2010, 04:15 PM   eBay Motors  #93 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijueee View Post
I purchased the tuner for 382.00 delivered, set the tune for econ.65 and drove 30 miles to key west using the dic on my 2003 2500 hd 6.6l with the lb7 engine. the dic registered 28.4mpg on the way down and 28.6 on the way back.
you need to hand calculate the mileage. the DIC calculations are way off.

built trans . S464 . AD2 165 . 7" stack
i_keyser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2010, 04:18 PM   eBay Motors  #94 (permalink)
saw what you did there
Lifetime Supporting Member

LOL @ 28 mpg
6K Lows, 3K Fogs, Tint.
CLICK BEFORE YOU POST!

theunderlord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2010, 04:20 PM   eBay Motors  #95 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunderlord View Post
LOL @ 28 mpg
dont shortchange him. it was 28.6!

Old 12-09-2010, 05:00 PM   eBay Motors  #96 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

Dic meter

When I first installed my tuner the dic read WAY high also , above 25mpg.I did the math on fill ups, a whopping 17.2. I investigated some things and found that my ECM had been replaced in my truck before I owned it the fuel injector flow I.d. Numbers were not in the ECM. I own a gm tech 2 an managed to cut/paste the numbers from the gpcm. Now the max I ve ever seen the dic read has been 22. Did the math, 17.3.
Looking into turbo back exaust that is more streamlined. E-mailed duramileage askin if the tuner would work; check eng light from missin dpf, cat. Got a one sentence response " yes it will work". Less than I expected.

2007.5 silverado 4dr 2500 bone stock save duramileage eztuner
Monzanick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2010, 05:11 PM   eBay Motors  #97 (permalink)
Banned

Sounds like a crock of shit to me.
2009RavenR1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2010, 05:19 PM   eBay Motors  #98 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2009RavenR1 View Post
Sounds like a crock of shit to me.
i agree. something seems weird about these tuners... this whole thread is like one big advertisement.

Old 12-18-2010, 04:35 PM   eBay Motors  #99 (permalink)

Just ordered a duramileage. Will post results when I take my first big trip with it.
Stock
Old Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2010, 05:41 PM   eBay Motors  #100 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
*chuckles* These chromosomes are just fine, unlike some others whose are apparently bent. Just for reference, cause some can't seem to grasp the fact that it IS possible (kinda like my 250 dirtbike being able to grab over 100 mph), I started off with using the readout on the dash, cause it was put there for a reason. Hand calculations came into play as well, but hey, why not try everything, right? Ok. So when I got the truck stock, highest reading on the dash read 19.8 MPG (that is US gallons, ok?). Pre-tuned ECM plugged in read best number of 24.8 MPG. Now with the DPF delete programmed in and the full MBRP exhaust in, reading is 25.7 (I only drove it the once with this system in place).
Now with the hand calculating, I factored in the conversion from your American gallon to the Canadian one. Hand conversion stock ECU came to just under 24 mpg (remember, now it's in Canadian gallons NOT US). Pre-tuned bumped it up to 29. With the full DPF system/delete, I'm just under 31.
1 Can gal = 1.20 Am gal, just to put that out there. I also hand calculated the amount of fuel put in, and with GPS the amount of miles put on. I do this with all my vehicles so I can see if there's a fuel drop or gain, depending on what I'm running. One has to remember as well, that right now, at least where I am, we are running winter diesel which takes a nasty cetane hit. I'll be interested to see when the summer fuel comes in.
So that being said, numbers don't lie. It's sad to see that chauvinism has come into play in this thread, because more times than not when a girl says something it just HAS TO BE WRONG, and the guy is always right. I'm not a feminist by any means, I give credit where its due...but really, to play that card Killerbee, come on. I thought you were more mature than that. Oh and just to make it more interesting, I had a MALE friend come up with the same numbers as I did. So much for your chromosome theory, honey.
I'm sorry "honey" but they only way your gonna get 31MPG is to trade that in for a Toyota prisus haha... I run a business and personally own 11 duramax's including my own truck. everything from 2000- 2009, a mix of 2500's, and 3500's and i can assure you are not getting any where close to 30. The best i get out of my 2007 is 17MPG, yes it bone stock and with a exhaust and a tune maybe 20 is possible. (personly i would go EFI live this "duratune sounds like a huge waste of money, way pay to get a stock tune haha) but anyway your DIC is way off, even mine stock is off there just a rough estimate and you cant tell off 300 miles. Maybe or odometers off? or maybe for heads off? not sure... And on winter fuel!!! haha thats the best part!!! I live in Michigan and i now what winter fuel does, lucky to get 15 now

Quote:
i agree. something seems weird about these tuners... this whole thread is like one big advertisement.
ya i agree

Quote:
This thread reeks of bullshit.
Can barley stand the smell!
JD32 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.