Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Great lift pump for the $$$$$!!!

44K views 158 replies 64 participants last post by  onetime468 
#1 ·
Just wanted to post a little something about a decision to make to not buy an adII or a fass system. I spent $217 on a HP150 Holley fuel pump! I was a little worried about the 3/8 NPT inlet and outlet but it supplies more than enough fuel for anyone runnin a single cp3 pump. I can run my edge evo race on level 7 and not clear out all the fuel. Yea i had to wire the relay and plumb the thing but no prob. Super quiet and great performance!! Very happy to save the $!:drink:rockin

#8 ·
Do you know if the fass systems, adII, or ppe lift pumps are flowthrough?? I didn't really consider this matter when I put it on.

#4 ·
It is somewhat flowthrough. Enough to idle but I haven't really tried pullin the fuse to see how she runs without the pump runnin.

#6 ·
Here she is...

I used 1/2" hydraulic lines and fittings. Cut a section of pipe out of the feed line and the hydraulic hoses have a 3/8 NPT on one end and a 1/2" compression fitting on the other. Used a regular relay from like a fuel pump on a chevy gas sucker and a 30a fuse. I really hope this helps you guys that are buildin on a budget and have the knowledge on how to wire it up. I think its a great alternative to all of the other lift pumps on the market!

#7 ·
Let us know how long it lasts. For 217$ you could buy three and be around the price of an airdog so if they last a third as long atleast then they would be of the same general value to me. And if they last longer than a third the life of an airdog then I think it's even better than the airdog or fass.

#9 ·
I had read some posts online of diesel guys getting five yrs or better out of these pumps. This billet pump is relativley new but guys have been runnin Holley alcohol racing pumps for years with little problems! I did do some research before buying.

#10 ·
I know that the FASS is flow through, and so are the AD II and Raptor 150. Also, the Raptor 150 which is also fully adjustable is only around $376-380 depending on where you get it. Not as cheap as the Holley, but I honestly never even considered putting a Holley on one. Never even crossed my mind. To test it to see if it is flow through simply unplug it from the hot lead an d see if the truck will run without it, if it will run and stay running then it is if not then it isn't. Like stated above, keep us updated on how things go over time.

#12 · (Edited)
Your guys question peaked my curiosity so i ran five miles or so rollin coal without the fuse in. Not a miss or sputter. I would say it is flow through. It is not a rotor style pump, it is a gerator pump just like all the other pumps on the market! It comes with an adjustable fuel pressure regulator (which I didn't install) and is internally regulated at 17psi. I have had zero problems with the pressure.

#16 · (Edited)
Ya I figured I would try it without the regulator and if i had any issues I would put it in a regulate it at 8-9psi. I changed the fuel filter the other day. have to say, its nice to not have to pump that damn bulb anymore to prime. Just turned on the key and cracked the bleeder till fuel came out. I will definately keep posting on this thread to keep everyone informed on how well it works....good or bad! (Current mileage 129565, Pump installed 3-14-11)

#19 ·
No. No return from the pump. Very similar to a Raptor pump as far as hook up and install.

#25 ·
Put a regulator on it. I'm running a Holley pump, its the 140 gph which is perfect for the daily driver. Your pump is going to hurt the cp3 someday. I wouldn't do it any more than 14 psi. My pump makes it lope a bit at idle but as long you drive it most of the time, it will decrease fuel pressure which will not hurt the pump.

And NO, I do not believe your pump is a free flow design. You have to run it for a while at least a couple minutes and drive it with the pump off. If the check engine light comes on for low rail pressure, your pump is not a free flow design. I know for a fact mine isn't. Most of Holley electric pump are not a free flow because it does not include an internal bypass.

#26 ·
i would be down for a group buy haha!! i really need a lift pump, im saving the big bucks for tires

#27 ·
From what I saw on Holley, it says the Black 150 has a 4 1/2 - 9 PSI regulator included for $228. Sounds like I may have to grab one of these.
Since they're not a true flow thru, I may look at plumbing a external bypass of some sort. Add a tee at the inlet of the pump and a 2nd tee after the regulator so I can run a bypass line. Add a simple petcock to the bypass line and if my pump ever goes out, all I have to do is flip the valve open and I can make it home without worrying about burning the CP3 up. Any body ever tried this, or do I get to be the Guinea pig?

#28 ·
Wow this is actually pretty neat. AD needs to get its act together, I could be wrong but the 600+ they ask for their pumps is a little ridiculous to me. Unless they're just bullet proof and will out last the truck.

#29 ·
I see where someone mentioned using a solenoid in this system. Is that necessary or could you just wire it into the ignition circuit so when the truck is running the pump is energized? Ideally going off the ops would be the perfect ticket...........

#30 ·
Whoops, I meant relay not solenoid.

#35 ·
sub'd

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.