Great lift pump for the $$$$$!!! - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Performance Upgrades Discuss what Intakes,Exhaust,Fuel System,Programmers,Tuners,&Trans. are right for you.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2011, 05:49 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Thumbs up Great lift pump for the $$$$$!!!

Just wanted to post a little something about a decision to make to not buy an adII or a fass system. I spent $217 on a HP150 Holley fuel pump! I was a little worried about the 3/8 NPT inlet and outlet but it supplies more than enough fuel for anyone runnin a single cp3 pump. I can run my edge evo race on level 7 and not clear out all the fuel. Yea i had to wire the relay and plumb the thing but no prob. Super quiet and great performance!! Very happy to save the $!:rockin
Edge Evo Race, AFE Intake, Stage four tranny, Alto clutches, Kolene Steels, triple disk converter by ProTorque, Sleeves, Dual 6" Stacks, Holley HP150 billet lift pump. Soon to come: Homebuilt Cal-tracs & RCD LB7 66 charger.
LB7DMAX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2011, 05:59 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

you should do a write up on this, i would consider doing it for that price.
02 GMC CC SB SRW 4x4 2500 Black MAX. 4inch MBRP turbo back Duals with 5inch tips, PPE Boost Increase Valve, AFE CAI, Turbo Mouth Piece Mod, 20x9 XD Black n Machined Hoss rims, 305/55/20 MT Baja Atz's,EFI DSP 5 tuned by Nick at DURAMAXTUNER.COM

Last edited by jc1843; 01-30-2012 at 07:41 AM.
02BLKMAX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2011, 06:06 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
Public Enemy #1
Supporting Member

Is this flow through?
Old 03-29-2011, 06:10 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

It is somewhat flowthrough. Enough to idle but I haven't really tried pullin the fuse to see how she runs without the pump runnin.
Edge Evo Race, AFE Intake, Stage four tranny, Alto clutches, Kolene Steels, triple disk converter by ProTorque, Sleeves, Dual 6" Stacks, Holley HP150 billet lift pump. Soon to come: Homebuilt Cal-tracs & RCD LB7 66 charger.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:13 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
Public Enemy #1
Supporting Member

I am contemplating running the same pump. Let us know how she does over time
Old 03-29-2011, 06:15 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

Here she is...

I used 1/2" hydraulic lines and fittings. Cut a section of pipe out of the feed line and the hydraulic hoses have a 3/8 NPT on one end and a 1/2" compression fitting on the other. Used a regular relay from like a fuel pump on a chevy gas sucker and a 30a fuse. I really hope this helps you guys that are buildin on a budget and have the knowledge on how to wire it up. I think its a great alternative to all of the other lift pumps on the market!
Old 03-29-2011, 06:18 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Let us know how long it lasts. For 217$ you could buy three and be around the price of an airdog so if they last a third as long atleast then they would be of the same general value to me. And if they last longer than a third the life of an airdog then I think it's even better than the airdog or fass.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:18 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas@CFD View Post
Is this flow through?
Do you know if the fass systems, adII, or ppe lift pumps are flowthrough?? I didn't really consider this matter when I put it on.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:21 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackyoudip View Post
Let us know how long it lasts. For 217$ you could buy three and be around the price of an airdog so if they last a third as long atleast then they would be of the same general value to me. And if they last longer than a third the life of an airdog then I think it's even better than the airdog or fass.
I had read some posts online of diesel guys getting five yrs or better out of these pumps. This billet pump is relativley new but guys have been runnin Holley alcohol racing pumps for years with little problems! I did do some research before buying.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:25 PM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Fanatic

I know that the FASS is flow through, and so are the AD II and Raptor 150. Also, the Raptor 150 which is also fully adjustable is only around $376-380 depending on where you get it. Not as cheap as the Holley, but I honestly never even considered putting a Holley on one. Never even crossed my mind. To test it to see if it is flow through simply unplug it from the hot lead an d see if the truck will run without it, if it will run and stay running then it is if not then it isn't. Like stated above, keep us updated on how things go over time.
bigdaddydiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.