AEM water injection kit? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Propane/Nitrous/Meth Discuss all your propane/nitrous/meth stuff here.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 11:19 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

AEM water injection kit?

Ok bare with me here on the short story! Test drove my truck today since the rebuild of heads and other mods (cp3, nozzles, and robs tuning). Love it, sounds good drives good blah blah blah. The only problem i have is the egts hit like 1650 in like 3rd gear and i had to come out the throttle before i could see what she would do. Well so now im looking at water/meth kits to try to get the egts down asap with a maybe a 20/80 meth water or maybe even all water if i have to until i can afford a turbo to cool things down. I found this kit that says just "water injection kit" for like $130 by AEM. It appears similar to a water/meth kit but it dont appear have a check valve or solenoid in the pic. Whats the diff between water and water meth kit? Is it just the check valve or solenoid? If so can i just get the water kit now and then add a check valve or solenoid to it later on making it capable of being a water/meth? I would think the pumps are all the same huh? Maybe someone can shed some light on my confusion?
4" dual exhaust, intake, traction bars, LBZ m/p, egr blocked, PPE FPRV shim kit, PPE lift pump, PPE Stage V with M.L., ARP studs, CP3 by TC Diesel, Extrude Honed 30% nozzles, DSP5 by Rob
BiloxiDmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2013, 04:33 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
Vanned this place

link to kit?
TheStepChild is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013, 05:19 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

i wouldn't waste my money, but if your going to do it, i def wouldn't go with a cheap kit. i know of some people who actually hydrolocked their motor, and others say it raises cylinder pressures (bad on your pistons and rods). i have no first hand experience, but i would search it throughly. i think snow kits are around $1000, add another $700 to that and you can get a 4094avnt turbo to help cool things off.
Dyno - 582hp 1209tq - SJD, 561hp 1247tq floor-it-diesel (stock turbo & inj.)
Track - 12.82 @ 105.5 mph @7300lbs 1.82 60 ft

07 lbz rclb

Kory tuned, RDL egr delete, banks IC, insight,
bd lift pump w/remote WS, nicktane, ranch hand front
plowboy_lbz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013, 11:27 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy_lbz View Post
i wouldn't waste my money, but if your going to do it, i def wouldn't go with a cheap kit. i know of some people who actually hydrolocked their motor, and others say it raises cylinder pressures (bad on your pistons and rods). i have no first hand experience, but i would search it throughly. i think snow kits are around $1000, add another $700 to that and you can get a 4094avnt turbo to help cool things off.
Yea a turbo is my next thing to buy i just have to wait a while until i get some more funds saved. I ended up ordering a 200psi pump and a pressure switch last night separately and ima piece a kit together myself because i dint need the small nozzles and little tank that some of the cheaper ones come with. I know i sound like a tight ass right now but i really am broke and i dont want to run my freshly rebuilt motor that hot if i can help it. I would say ill just stay out the throttle but i am getting pretty hot just getting up to highway speeds at a normal pace.
4" dual exhaust, intake, traction bars, LBZ m/p, egr blocked, PPE FPRV shim kit, PPE lift pump, PPE Stage V with M.L., ARP studs, CP3 by TC Diesel, Extrude Honed 30% nozzles, DSP5 by Rob
Old 01-07-2013, 11:45 AM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStepChild View Post
link to kit?
First off thanks for taking the time to organize all those posts and bestow your water meth knowledge upon us ignorant folk haha. Naw it really helped a lot for those who use the search button. I tried to get a link up last nigh but my computer was being difficult but i ended up ordering a pump and pressure switch last night and im going to piece everything together so it will save a few bucks I hate being broke but its reality right now after this build i just did and a lay off. I saw on a few threads where you guys had sizes listed but i was wondering which one i need for my application right now to get egts down and later add another nozzle? The ones on devils own ebay site dont have any sizes listed but are for sale for like 12 or 20 bucks? Whats the difference? I hear they are the easiest to take in and out so i would like to go with them for nozzles. Since i have the boost pressure switch do i still need a solenoid? When i decide to add another nozzle will i just be able to buy a solenoid then, to work in conjunction with the pressure switch? Just still a little rusty on the details of how it all comes together if you are not doing a progressive kit.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:30 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
Vanned this place

For nozzle size:
what psi will your pressure switch turn on at?

For your solenoid question:
How is the switch wired? I would want a way to make sure the line is closed when the truck is off.

I've never used DO nozzles so IDK about those.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:52 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStepChild View Post
For nozzle size:
what psi will your pressure switch turn on at?

For your solenoid question:
How is the switch wired? I would want a way to make sure the line is closed when the truck is off.

I've never used DO nozzles so IDK about those.
Ill have it cut on at 5-8 psi if possible to try to reap some milage benefits as well. But as i understand it sont quite work that way.

I am just going to buy a solenoid and not be cheap. It seems to be a good precaution.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:41 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

i would log your tunes and send it to rob. he will be able to help cool your egts with alittle fine tuning.
Dyno - 582hp 1209tq - SJD, 561hp 1247tq floor-it-diesel (stock turbo & inj.)
Track - 12.82 @ 105.5 mph @7300lbs 1.82 60 ft

07 lbz rclb

Kory tuned, RDL egr delete, banks IC, insight,
bd lift pump w/remote WS, nicktane, ranch hand front
plowboy_lbz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013, 04:52 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy_lbz View Post
i would log your tunes and send it to rob. he will be able to help cool your egts with alittle fine tuning.
Yea thats a for sure. im about to go pick it up from the mechanic and log it asap. Its been six months since i have had my duramax, needless to say im bout to pee myself with excitement. Ha the tag is expired and i have no insurance until tm Thats ballin on a budget for ya
Old 01-08-2013, 02:17 AM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)
Vanned this place

Full on at 200 psi, I don't think I'd go bigger than a 175 nozzle. A 225 might work. Any bigger it may quench.

If you're doing 2 solenoids - the second for a manual quick shot, you might try 2 - 175's and don't hit the second below 8-10 psi.

With a full on/off I would guess 375 and bigger nozzles may quench under 15 psi area. - this sentence is a guess.

You're going to have to adjust and fine tune it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.