second time sled pulling the lly manual

5K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  wheelinstud09 
#1 ·

second pull this year workstock

last pull this year with a broken left rear axle

#3 ·
I bought my truck in defiance lol. Nice pulls

#4 ·
thanks i drive it daily and i am having problem getting it out of the hole without bouncing i can't run front weights .... possibly the traction bar is to low in the rear ???

#5 ·
Do you lower your tire pressures? That makes a big difference. Some of my friends run as low as 25 in front and I think 30 in rear. Personally i'd try 30 in front and 40 in rear.

#6 ·
i ran 25 in front and 60 in the rear and i tried 25 and 80 seemed to be better with with a higher rear pressure

#7 ·
Wow she bounces good out of the hole. Do you have a triple disk clutch? Slip it out longer to get it out smoother. Also try lowering the air pressure like Adam said. I run 30psi front and 40psi rear any higher in the rear I start to bounce.

#10 ·
i'll try letting the pressure down if i get a chance to pull again well if i keep it from bouncing like that maybe id take a first place i placed 4th 3rd and 4th in the pulls with near 30 trucks in the class

#12 ·
Those were some good pulls and I like the truck, looking to get a southbend double disk myself, do you like it or would you rather have triple or a strong single? did you also have to get a single mass flywheel when you switched from stock? what gear were you pulling in and did you shift? sorry for the 20 questions

#14 ·
i had a south bend double disc in the best one before going to a triple disc i talked to mike mansel i believe.... it was a billet flywheel and sfi clutch all from south bend it was a whole kit...... i would NOT recom using a single disc if you are going to abuse it my cuz has the same truck and put a signle disc in it and it won't hold it the higher gears

next when i pulled i used 4 low range 4th gear and i did not shift that just asking for trouble i let out the clutch at 4200 rpm trying to slip it out

#15 ·
QUOTE=TrevorG;1422157]what kind of tune are you running there? and from who? that thing moves![/QUOTE]

i am running just efi live with a plat series fass pump and i blocked the egr and shimmed the rail... the tunes are from a local guy and he runs around with dave's diesel in angola indiana..... just for info my wheel speed on efi scan was 29mph and at 4100 rpm running 41 psi and 2000 degrees on the egt .. i had a stock air intake off an lbz and stock exhaust size minus muffler and cat so that would help lower it

here is some of the pulls from the tuner

#17 · (Edited)
yeah is was running it hard and hot..... 41 psi with 0% on the vane posistion

last pull had my wife pull it she pulled like 329ft her first time not bad

my truck is at 3.25 in the film and the others are videos of my buddys

it was very muddy and i had my tire pressures at 20 and 32 psi and i don't have an e locker

#18 ·
that truck is BADASS!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.