Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

First Hook Of The Year!

8K views 38 replies 25 participants last post by  justinakers37 
#1 ·
Well the motor is built and all ready to go. We get it on the road Thursday afternoon, get about 200 miles on it and I am at the first pull. Get hooked to the sled and tighten the chain, green flag waves and Im off and stuck at 3000 rpm. WTF? So I ended up in Third place lame.

My buddy Dillon from Jags shop comes up and said
"Didn't you have your DSP turned all the way to the left?"
Me: "No I thought all the way to the right was full power."
Dillon: "LOL No full power is all the way to the left.
Me: "FML well looks like I took third with my lowest tune. I'll go see if I can make an exhibition hook then and actually turn it up."

Well I was able to do an exhibition hook and all I can say is WOW what a difference the motor really woke up and hauled the mail.

First hook lowest DSP setting:

Second Hook highest DSP setting:

#2 ·
LOL eric....good shit, I'll check the vids when I get home.

#3 ·
Solid pulls Eric. Looks like you were gonna pull that sucker home once you turned it up. Gonna be a good season for you!!!

#5 ·
Thanks guys! I had to let off at the end because I hit a bad rut and the truck started to hope on me so I figured I'm happy with that pull and didn't want to break anything before my season began.

#6 ·
Nice pull, my front end would have said fuck it off the line. you ought to see the weird shit the front end does with a healthy boosted launch alone.

#12 ·
Great hook! Truck sure woke up on the second run. Was that 4th gear?

#13 ·
"Impressive Green one"

^^^Is that from a movie? I think I heard that somewhere but cant remember what from?

Anyway real nice pull man!

#14 ·
Yep 26" for hitch height but I do like having the lift for the taller tires. Also the extra leaf spring helps keep everything steady.

That was 3rd gear with some rpm room left before I worry about grabbing 4th.

Thanks guys for the compliment.

#15 ·
yea theres just a lil difference in the first n second vid.... good pull

#21 ·
yeah a black shade ie way more fuel!

#17 ·
DAMN Eric! :thumb You've got a runner there for sure!

#18 ·
Sweet pulls man! I love how the track guy is chasing you down at the end of the 2nd pull lol.

#20 ·
I noticed that too! Funny as hell:rof

#19 ·
Looks damn good! Good luck this year.

#27 ·
Thanks Brant! :drink

Looks great Eric! You've come a hell of a long way in just a couple years!
Its scary to think of where my truck started with the Banks and I thought it was the $hit. Now a few more ponies later I feel like I did when I first bought it. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.