Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Going to Hook The Lmm..Need confirmation

3K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Dragbear 
#1 ·
So i pulled my LB7 a year ago and that went smooth, i have sleeves, steering brace weight bar weights trac bars etc.. My concern is. From what i hear with the LMM and maybe the LBZs(?) is that you want to roll into it until it hits 2nd gear then mash it. Ive been told that whatever you do NOT to mash it until its passed 2nd gear because of defueling. some insight on this would be great! thanks!

#2 ·
I would skip first gear altogether and launch in 2nd. It would also allow you build a little more boost before it wants to push through the brakes. Just be careful with that stock tranny!

#3 ·
I would have to have it tuned to take off in 2nd and i dont think ill be doing that lol. i figured id spool it up a little at the line and then roll into it and when i feel the 2nd gear hit mash it through the floormat..i regretted not holding in in my lb7 it cost me the win that night. probably going to run a 160ish tune

#9 ·
That's what I do and it works good. Spool until you start pushing through the brakes, second gear will come really quick then matt it.

#7 ·
i want a V2 because of this. i would like to play around with the tcm a bit too

#10 ·
watch to not hit reverse on the neutral shift ask me how i know......

#12 ·
i pulled mine for what i think will be the last time as i went to shift to neutral and somehow got reverse, didnt think it would do that, seems like i did limp the trans or at least messed the tcm up enough to put trans in limp mode. and people told me my stock alli would last pulling, pfft lol

#15 ·
I like pulling in 1st high range. It works very well.
I pulled low range 3rd gear with tow hall on for most of the year with good results but my freind talked me into 1st gear high range and I realy liked it.
Most every body I pull with have theirs set to take off in 3rd low range.
I average mid to high 270s with the H&S +170, no front locker or trany mods.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.