Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

First hook of the year, took 3rd place!

5K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  Baadgoat 
#1 · (Edited)
Hooked to the sled for the first time this year tonight. I was pretty pleased with the outcome considering the circumstances.. We got over 7" of rain the night before and about another 1.5" today, but it cleared up just in time to get the track decent for the pulls. The track wasn't exactly ideal but it wasn't terrible either. I managed 275ft and took 3rd place. I was pleased since the truck that took first was a built Cummins with a 66mm charger setup for pulling, and my buddy took second in his '02 LB7 dually that has a built motor by Scheid's with a 62mm charger. My mods are in my sig, out of the 8 trucks in this class I was the only truck that didn't have a built trans :D

EDIT: Same video, better quality.

#2 ·
That's pretty good 275 ft ain't bad at all. For a daily driver.

#3 ·
That's a darn good pull for a stock trans truck.

#5 ·
Better quality video added in original post

#7 ·
Nice pull!

#9 ·
Thanks, I don't know how much longer it'll last but I plan on putting some good parts in it before the end of the year.

#10 ·
awesome hook! Couple guys here ran about 600 hp through the stock alli and they help up fine! 3rd gear low wont hurt.

#16 ·
Good hook. Hope you don't go against me on Thursday.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#18 ·
Haha, I doubt I'll pull if I don't have a way to get it home it something breaks. I don't care much for the late nights making long trips home to get a trailer... Been there done that too many times with the car...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#19 ·
Stock Turbo?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.