Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

First ever sled pull

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  POWDR 
#1 · (Edited)
Just for fun I went out to our local fair and pulled. I didn't do half bad, I thought at least. First pulled was 250ft and second pull was 259ft. I had to put my old stock tires on because I don't have the clearance to have totally flat CV angles with my Nittos. I slipped down the track and didn't even get over 14mph. I probably pulled in the wrong gear, which was 4th due to the suggestion of the few guys ahead of me. I was really trying not to break anything, was just out having fun. The DRW trucks were slaying people with 300 foot runs. Next time I will do things differently as I am still learning.
I was quite pleased that I wasn't pouring black smoke all down the track, just a puff at the beginning and then haze the rest of the way. Thanks to Jordan for the coaching and Kory for me being the cleanest running truck out there.

http://youtu.be/tiLBM2iv_Ek

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#2 ·
#4 ·
I plan on trying it again sometime. Now I have better knowledge, better tires, and a spare vehicle in case something breaks

#5 ·
Did you use 4th in 4hi or 4lo? I use 3rd in 4lo and with crappy tires I spin alot. But smokeless Pulling is the best!!!! I have a puff at start and that's it... I pulled with the 9000lb class and hot second and then ws and only got 270ft. Buy spun the whole time... Ordering bfg's for the end of the month pull..

Someone told me to pull in 4hi but I always do 4lo because everyone here recommends it

#6 ·
I pulled in 4lo and 4th gear and with only my 120 tune. I spun like hell the whole way pretty much. It was fun and I look forward to trying it again.

#7 ·
Good looking pull man. I only hope to do so well on my first

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.