Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Stuck in mudhole - Kakwa falls Alberta

5K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Deligkl 
#1 ·
Hey guys, check these vid links out on youtube of my embarrasing boo boo.
Truck slid coming through a mudhole and high-centered itself. Stuck over night, 3 hour hike, then found this group of guys with side by sides that pulled out the poor girl.

Enjoy.

Part 1 :
Part 2 :

#2 ·
#6 ·
time to get your own winch now? that first machine could have pulled you out if he was tied to a tree and had the ATV recovery kit like I have. turns my 3500 pound winch into a 7,000 pound winch. ive pulled out a lot of people on my Polaris 850! great video!

#8 ·
haha been there, done that!
glad to see you're not afraid to get that beautiful truck a little dirty though

#9 ·
Ain't nothing wrong with getting a lil dirty and getting stuck. Just shows you what you need to upgrade for future outings. Lol good looking truck btw

#10 ·
hahaha thanks guys. yea i was pretty peeved cuz i had a 7500 lbs winch i had recently installed on a recovery car hauler and wished i had it haha. but yea 2 side by sides w/ 3000 lb winch dragged the ol girl out.

but on the other hand, a lot of the guys at work that have been through that trail had said "oh yea a 2wd will make it... it's not really all that bad" and hyping it up so i was like sure my truck will do just fine ... WRONG haha.

thanks for the compliments of my truck. i take pride in it and still have some plans for her, both looks and performance :D

#11 ·
oh and no damage except my diginity. a short walk of shame.
Actually come to think about it, worse damage was a slightly tweeked running board and a filthy mess of packed mud haha. sacrificed a chain and a tow rope.. and worse of all

A case of beer when i got home :). Never tasted better haha.

#12 ·
I thought when buying a winch you want to get double the weight of whatever you're vehicle is?

#13 ·
That's how we do it in Berta!! HAHAHAH When I was hunting this fall ended up having to pull out some old hillbilly's 2wd powerstroke. The ol dirty yanked it out and it was a lot rougher then that tho.....

#14 ·
High 5 for posting the video of shame. Fun to watch and stay clean.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.