Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

need some advice..

3K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  DairyMax 
#1 ·
thinkin about doin my 1st sled pull, but need some advice before i go down the dirt. my truck with my set up what else should i do other than drop the front end. so any and all advice would :help. THANKS:drink

#5 ·
:gearjamin Just go fast!!...watch youtube videos for hours on end so you know what to and what not to do.:rockin

#14 ·
Hard to tell over the net, there are to many variables. Sled weight how fast the operator will birng on the weight. With your set-up in IN you would be toward the bottom of the pack. It's very competitive here, and what you have done won't tell you much, alot has to do with the driver. It's best to try it and find out. You may surprise yourself.

#17 ·
Get a BIG f'n tune :D 4XX hp won't get you too far. You should be fine tranny wise since you're not going to be past 3rd gear anyway. I've seen plenty of guys pull a few times on the stock tranny without issue. I'm still planning to try it once this summer if I can. Drop the front end and pin it to win it lol

#19 ·
Put those heavy duty tie rod ends on there if u dont already have them. If you don't want to break it then let off when you start bouncing. Keep your hitch height as high as they let you. Try not the let off or turn the wheel to much. And most of all have fun :gearjamin

#20 ·
I'd highly recommend putting a set of Timbren's on the back. That way your leaf springs won't pull down too far and you'll keep your hitch height high for maximum downforce and it should reduce the chance of rear wheel hop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.