Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Sooooooo... Did this subsection die?

9K views 67 replies 22 participants last post by  dura-valenti 
#1 ·
Seems like there isn't much activity?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Tow Master must be waiting for more railroad and trucks entries. Lol.

#5 ·
I think he's waiting for some entries. Lets go take some photos fellas.

Reactions: M.A.M.
#7 ·
I have photos to add once I get them on photobucket

#15 ·
Traffic drop off for sure...for some time now.
The whole password thing dealt the biggest blow.

Home page is all screwed up for some reason. Don't ever go there much, so no idea how long it's been blank with no headers.

#17 ·
Forums as a whole are dying. I know a couple others that i am on are practically dead. And have heard from others ("competitors" of my work) that their traffic numbers have been tanking. Shoot, i really only log in when i need to spend money or am looking for advise. I rarely ever post. A lot of it has to do with social media, imo, even though its a completely different outlet.

#19 ·
Facebook pages are doing more.

#22 ·
The only FB in my world....is part of FWB. :grinn

1st plunge in interest, which started the whole FB migration, is when an update killed off the
CHAT ROOM!,
and no amount of queries on it's loss would show any attention....defined=> No Response, No Reasons.

IMO, daily posts frequency then dramatically dropped with the Forced Forum redesign.
Baby Puke Yellow turned people off, had 20x more adware, and you couldn't find your way around what had been a familiar space.

Most DF vets switched it back to classic, once they found out it was possible. But many members just never bothered to log on again....not finding their way anymore.
Why the BIG change anyway? What did it accomplish?
Overtime pay galore?
Did someone actually think some pretty paint colors on the shop walls would impress gear heads under hoods?
Goes over 'bout as well as Arena FB carnival antics.

The final dagger for the Death of a Forum?
That whole forced Password change drama. Members never came back.
You forced 'em all on a 'Cold Turkey' binge....and cured them of their Forum addictions. :poke[1]:

#25 ·
Yeah, the short way to say it is AutoGuide has completely bungled the management of this forum. No idea why there was zero consultation over changing the forum theme. Run a community poll and see what the user base input is and go on from there.

Of course hindsight is 20/20, but if they were hellbent on changing the style of the forum, they should have gone all out and switched to a better forum software. Lots of forums have changed from vBulletin (what this forum currently uses) to XenForo. Then we wouldn't have been exposed to the db leak stemming from the outdated, vulnerable vBulletin forum software, and then we wouldn't have lost as many members due to mandatory password changes.

If I am being honest, I would guess this place is being culled from the AutoGuide herd. If you notice, there is no longer any mention of AutoGuide anywhere on the forum index or homepage, and the AutoGuide logo is gone. As well, they already run a GM diesel forum (DieselPlace), which appears to be more active than here and so since it is redundant to have two GM diesel forums, they're going with the busier one and letting this place slowly die.

#23 ·
I just looked down to see how many Users are currently logged in....226 at the moment.

But, check this listed above member names;
Most users ever online was 10,134, 10-24-2016 at 09:56 PM
10k? :rofl
That would've filled up quite a few pages...44x the 226 listed now.
I think I would've noticed that. :nerd:

#28 ·
The next dirty pickle. Stay tuned folks. Yeah after the password fiasco I didn't long in for months, royal pain in the ass when I finally did get all the password crap figured out. I got rid of my FB account, but this is were I go for info. FB is just there for trolling fun :D

#32 ·
Pink stacks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.