Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Killed another cummins tonight

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  TakeEm 
#1 ·
Well heres the story: I was heading out of my small town to see my girlfriend, when I come to a four way stop. Me and this cummins got there at the same time so i flashed my fogs and let him go first, I was heading in the same direction and wasn't in a hurry. So we are almost out of town and for about 1/5 of a mile this dude starts smoking me out for no reason!!! At this point I'm frustrated, I hit my switch and engaged my hot tune (500 RWHP), and i proceeded to lay on it and pass him, by 75 we were side by side, and I laid on it all the way. By the time I hit 95 he was one length behind and by the time I hit 120 he was about 50 yards behind me. Score number 2 for my Duramax. We need to do something with these Cummins fellers. :gearjamin

#2 ·
how highs your egt's getting at 120? mine was over 1800 at 125.

#10 ·
My truck ain't no race truck, basically stock as far as trany and turbo goes but on my 100hp tune at 115mph I'm right around 1500 on the egts....

#3 ·
I will be 100% honest, I have not looked lol. Will do next time. I am more focused at not dying hahah

#4 ·
I do know they stay pretty low for the most part though

#5 ·
thats actually not to bad to keep up with a 500hp truck. . .but he could do somethin bout the smoke. . .

#6 ·
yeah thats what I was saying! i mean i have a smoke tune too, do i dump it on people? nooooo lol i mean grow up lol,matter of fact i don't use it at all, I've used it like 4 times

#9 ·
Nice kill.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.