Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

DB in Cummins

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Earnhardtfan 
#1 ·
So the misses and I are in the mountains this weekend for a little R&R. Coming back from dinner on Saturday night a DB in an Cummins with tow mirrors out, triple gauges on the A-pillar and an exhaust decides to get in front of us and smoke us out for like a 1/2 mile. I had a car to my right but as soon as I was clear I went hammer down. :gearjamin Truck is not a dragster but before the DB in the Cummins could grab a lower gear we were gone. Pulled about 10 truck lengths before letting off. Thought we were done with him, but then we get caught at a red light and the DB is right behind us revving his engine and crawling up my ass. I took off easy from the light and then goodbye Heyyaa. He never got within 20 lengths. Ole girl performed pretty well. And the wife was somewhat impressed.
The funniest thing was when she asked, "why do those Dodge guys smoke like that?" I explained it and her response was, "what a bunch of ass-hats." Just another reason why I love her.

#2 ·
Thanks for putting him in his place, and sounds like you got a keeper!

I notice in your sig about central florida, what did you get from them, and I am guessing you are pretty pleased with them?

#4 ·
Dallas hooked me up with my AirDog II and a couple of odds and ends for the truck. Great guy.

#3 ·
That has happend to me manny times to me. And im always running them down. Im just suprised that they dont get sick of getting killed by a clean duramax. lol

#5 ·
What's really funny is most of these smokin' cummins can get dusted by a worn out 454 towing a bobcat (ask me about that story please!), not to take anything away from your awesome truck, Justin. Glad you put the guy in his place, but we all know that his only idea to try to beat you next time will be more smoke.

#6 ·
I kinda wanna know about the 454. lol dont wanna derail too bad.

#8 ·
I limped my tranny 5 times racin a cummins right before my motor went and I still stayed ahead of him. I stopped at the store and he pulled in as I was getting out and in the store he said " I though duramaxes were supposed to be fast?" I said well mines weighs shy of 9k pounds, has almost 200k and the trannys more wore out than your mom, and I walked out.

#9 ·
DB= douchebag IMO.

#10 ·
454 and Bobcat.....do tell.

#11 ·
Well since the op asked. My dad is a contractor and he had this 90 one ton Chevy with a 454 and 3 speed auto trans. This truck had a western hauler style flatbed with 2 built in tool boxes full of chains, come-alongs, etc. Then he had 3 big tool boxes full of tools and a welder and torch bottles all on this truck so needless to say this old truck was loaded down. This particular day he was pulling his old 773 bobcat heading home from a job minding his own business when this guy in a 24V dodge 3500 passes him pulling a smaller bobcat. The guy waved at my dad and kinda made a smarta** face as he went by and my dad said something about the way he did that just pissed him off so he hammered down and caught up to the dodge and overtook him and waved as he went by. Dad said you could see the look of disbelief on the dodge guys face as my dad left him in the dust. As he looked back in the rearview he could see the guy catch a lower gear and start blowing smoke trying to catch up. The funny thing is that they were pulling a hill when my dad passed him.

#12 ·
Nice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.