Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Factory Touch Screen Radio for Non-Touchscreen Equipped Truck

8K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  J83 
#1 ·
I have an LT with just the basic AM/FM, CD, AUX port, and OnStar compatible Turn-By-Turn directions. I am wanting to get the radio I normally see in the LTZs with the GPS, touch screen, radio, CD, etc... Does any one know what I would have to do, change, modify to make the touch screen radio work to its fullest potential in my truck?

#2 ·
well, you will physically be missing the hardware for the GPS antenna, sat radio and camera wires. other then that it should plug and play with a dealer re-learn of the vin. however, you may very well find it not only more enjoyable, but cheaper to go with an aftermarket like the nex5000

#3 ·
With the nex5000 is there a possibility of maintaining the Sat radio, steering wheel controls and all that? Also will it fit as flush and as smooth as possible?

#5 ·
Oh... and yes, you'll be able to retain/use sat radio, nav, gps, OnStar, add backup camera, etc.

#7 ·
RickD which Jensen model did you go with? Been looking at replacing my head unit as well and cant decide which one will be bestish for the money. Really just want Bluetooth connectablity and touch screen no super fancy business. Is the unit laggy at all?

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.