Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

2015 wifi problem

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  LLYBZ 
#1 ·
Got a 15 chev 3500HD with a trial sub of Onstar and wifi. I have added both my and wife's iPhones and IPad and all devices say they have a wifi signal full bars but none of them are able to search online. They just say unable to connect to server. Doesn't make sense to me. I contacted Onstar and they didn't know but where gonna look into it and call me back. Any tech geeks out there can help?? Thanks fellas.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#2 ·
What happened to the good ole days when a truck was a truck and not a computer?
But I like my gadgets. I don't have wifi on my truck. Good luck on fixing problem.

#3 ·
Try asking Onstar to change the wi-if password. Not that a different password makes any difference. But it will establish whether or not your truck is communicating to them digitally. After they say they've made the change, you'll need to shut the truck off. Open the driver's door to get all the electronics to go to sleep. Wait a couple of minutes and then restart the truck. If the wi-fi settings still show the old password, then you may not have a data connection...

#4 ·
What version(s) of IOS are on the Apple devices?

There is/was a known bug with the older apple devices where they would not connect to some types of Wi-Fi Access Points (AP's) -

The latest version of IOS has a fix for this, and a speed improvement for most Wi-Fi enabled apple devices - if your devices are not too old, update them, clear the Wi-Fi for the truck out of them, and then reboot and try to hit it again.

We have one troublesome device that will see, but not communicate with our Truck Wi-Fi - it's too old to update...

Any Android device I've used works like a F'n champ - solid and fast.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.