Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Norcal Truck:Help needed

767 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Nick.V70 
#1 ·
Well I just recently bought an 08 2500 2wd Dmax and im in love with the truck. I am having one problem tho....the truck is leveled out just using the torsion bars and added shock extenders. This was done about 10,000 miles ago and the truck now has 50,000 miles. It is sitting on some Fuel 18" Boost wheels and tire size is 275/70. While driving a get a clunking noise in the front end coming from both sides and it looks like the tire wear on the inside of the front tires is wearing unevenly. I took the truck to a shop and they couldnt find anything loose or noticeably wrong with the front end except that the shocks might be bad. I have been reading the forum and would like to get in contact with Nick at Nor cal to help me out and get the right cognito setup for my driving style. Please give me a call at 305-762-2279 and thanks in advance!!

#3 ·
check your idler arm pivot bracket. i had a similar issue with mine and it ended up the cast housing was cracked and when you turn or hit a bump you would hear a clanking.

#4 ·
If you at least did our Stage 5 Standard Leveling Package as seen here:
2" - 3" Leveling Packages

You would get the upgrades needed to be at that height to clear the tire and wheel size you are running. I would also suggest our Large NCT Fender Mod: 07.5-2011 NBS HD *LARGE* Fender mod (Step by step pics)

I would also suggest that you have your front end checked to see if anything is needed to freshen up before these parts are installed but this would gain you what you are looking for.

Nick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.