Why Does My Truck Seem Small? - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Suspension&Steering Discuss what Mods for the suspension & steering are right for you.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2012, 12:25 PM   eBay Motors  #11 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Fanatic

I know some companies under rate their lifts.

Iirc most companies 6" lifts actually raise it 8" before larger tires.

Just to let you know though, a ford sits roughly 3" higher than a Chevy/gmc and a dodge sits higher but the cab isn't quite as tall as a fords.
That being said gm's sit LOW.

Your t bars look lowered almost as far as they will go. Try cranking them up a tiny bit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2012, 12:27 PM   eBay Motors  #12 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Fanatic

And idk what "leveled" truck you have been looking at because that is definitely alot taller than any leveled truck I've seen
Old 12-09-2012, 12:46 PM   eBay Motors  #13 (permalink)
Banned

You kept everything you added proportionate. That keeps it from looking odd and obviously lifted. Personally, I think it looks great, some lifted trucks look odd. Yours has an OEM appreance, but much taller, which is hard to acheive...

I went for the same look with my leveled LMM, it takes people a minute to figure out what's different about it...
smokinlmm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 05:56 PM   eBay Motors  #14 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Your buddies probably have there keys cranked. Also I believe brakcet lift kits do sit up higher than knuckle lift kits. Your friends procomp might be the bracket and it sits up pretty high from what I've seen.

SOLD - LB7 2500 HD LT
05-07 front end
6" ZONE, Cognito UCAs, 37" Toyo MTs, 22" Fuel Hostage, 2" spacers
EFI Live by Idaho Rob, Edge Insight CTS, S&B intake, Pro-Fab turbo mouth piece,
PPE boost valve, ADP fuel adapter, 5" Diamond Eye exhaust, 6" MBRB tip
Road armor bumpers, PIAA lights, N fab steps
dirtymaxxx03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 09:34 PM   eBay Motors  #15 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Guess i will have to do my Add-A-Leaf and take more advantage of my UCA's and Cognito keys to make it a more desired height.
My tires are almost bald too now so im sure thats robbing me of a little height.

Zone, BDS, Rare Parts, Rancho, Cognito, Bilstien, Fox, Nitto, American Eagle, Core Racing, Tuff Country, Amp Research, AirDog, PPE, K&N, Quadzilla, MBRP, Kenwood, Kicker, Sub Thump, US Speedo, WeatherTech Auto Meter, AeroForce, AVS, KC, TruxPort, Bushwacker, Alligator Performance, MA
Boreen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 10:13 PM   eBay Motors  #16 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Ive looked at a few trucks with the Zone lift. NouseForaName's truck seemed to have really level CV's with the 5" block and his 35's looked pretty small under the truck. I have a very slight angle to my CV's and level with the 5" blocks.
My tires measured out to 34" now being there close to bald and they still look big under the truck Or am i just crazy?

Zone, BDS, Rare Parts, Rancho, Cognito, Bilstien, Fox, Nitto, American Eagle, Core Racing, Tuff Country, Amp Research, AirDog, PPE, K&N, Quadzilla, MBRP, Kenwood, Kicker, Sub Thump, US Speedo, WeatherTech Auto Meter, AeroForce, AVS, KC, TruxPort, Bushwacker, Alligator Performance, MA
Old 12-11-2012, 10:20 PM   eBay Motors  #17 (permalink)

I think the look of the tire has a little to do with the wheels size. I think you truck sits perfect.
04 2500HD LLY CCSB - EFI Live Tuned by RENODMAX - MBRP 4" SS missing cat - Modded LLY MP and Airbox - Boost and Pyro Gauges - Tow Mirrors - Line-X on rockers, flairs, bumpers, grill and in the bed! - Tuff Country 4" - 35x12.5/17 Nitto M/T - 20% Tint all around - Bumpers Built by Me

www.alligatorperformance.com
CountryBoy2500 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 10:37 PM   eBay Motors  #18 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

You're truck looks really good. It'll look better when you get new tires. This was mine when I had bald 35s. Looked awful! I was still waiting for my new tires to come in.

SOLD - LB7 2500 HD LT
05-07 front end
6" ZONE, Cognito UCAs, 37" Toyo MTs, 22" Fuel Hostage, 2" spacers
EFI Live by Idaho Rob, Edge Insight CTS, S&B intake, Pro-Fab turbo mouth piece,
PPE boost valve, ADP fuel adapter, 5" Diamond Eye exhaust, 6" MBRB tip
Road armor bumpers, PIAA lights, N fab steps

Last edited by dirtymaxxx03; 06-06-2013 at 06:29 AM.
dirtymaxxx03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012, 06:04 PM   eBay Motors  #19 (permalink)
Afraid to Delete
Lifetime Supporting Member

Get a bigger lift. Fords are taller from bottom of cab to top of cab than the OBS.

12 inches works.

And this was before I added 3 more inches to the back. In this pic the back was 1 3/4 lower than the front. Now it is about 1 inch higher to level under load. LWB on 37s.

RedNeck Dually Build Thread
Dually Club Member #191
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERWATCH_09 View Post
The perfect storm of incompetence....Nothing more dangerous than a redneck with money.....
TexasRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2012, 08:04 PM   eBay Motors  #20 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Installed an add-a-leaf and turned my keys up a little. Truck now sits 4ft even to the top of the fender opening all the way around.
I am gonna keep running these tires a little longer. They are 315/75/16's that i have had for over a year now. They measure in at 33.75" now with 55psi in them.
No wonder the tires looked small under the truck and the truck looked small.

Now that i know my tire size, i am second guessing if ill be able to clear 37's, I know when i do new tires, i wont be pulling in my garage anymore.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.