Why Does My Truck Seem Small? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Suspension&Steering Discuss what Mods for the suspension & steering are right for you.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 10:05 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Why Does My Truck Seem Small?

My truck has the Zone 6: lift with 315/75/16's. I had used the 5" blocks that came with and leveled the truck with them. Tires do not even come close to rubbing anywhere (new or worn out like now). Why does my truck seem so small for a 6" lift?
I have buddies with Pro Comp, BDS, Fabtech and even Rough Country and their 6" lifts look huge to mine. Mine looks not much bigger than your typical leveled truck really

Whats wrong with my truck?
I am gonna add-a-leaf and level the front end to match that little extra height than maybe mine will sit more like a 6" lift

Buddies 2012 Dodge 3500 with 35's sat as high as mine. Other buddies 2011 F350 with a 4.5" lift and 35's is as high as mine. Another buddy has a 06 Cummins with 4" lift and 37's and its as high as mine. Same with another guys 08 F250 leveled on 37's.

I bought a lift to be a decent height and ride better than my old leveling kit. I didnt accomplish anything except my tires sticking way out now

Zone, BDS, Rare Parts, Rancho, Cognito, Bilstien, Fox, Nitto, American Eagle, Core Racing, Tuff Country, Amp Research, AirDog, PPE, K&N, Quadzilla, MBRP, Kenwood, Kicker, Sub Thump, US Speedo, WeatherTech Auto Meter, AeroForce, AVS, KC, TruxPort, Bushwacker, Alligator Performance, MA
Boreen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2012, 10:11 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Post some pics of your truck. Maybe you have yours cranked down? Worn out leafs?
I have the 6 inch zone on 37s and I think its pretty big.

LB7 LT
05-07 front end
6" ZONE, Cognito UCAs, 37" Toyo MTs, 22" Fuel Hostage,
ATP EFI Live, CTS, S&B, Pro-Fab,
PPE, ADP fuel adapter, 5" DE,
Road armor bumpers, PIAA lights, N fab steps

Last edited by dirtymaxxx03; 06-06-2013 at 06:29 AM.
dirtymaxxx03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 10:42 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

See. Yours looks huge compared to mine.
All the lifted trucks ive seen look huge compared to mine
I even did the bumper lift to make it look higher.

With steps:

Without Steps:

Zone, BDS, Rare Parts, Rancho, Cognito, Bilstien, Fox, Nitto, American Eagle, Core Racing, Tuff Country, Amp Research, AirDog, PPE, K&N, Quadzilla, MBRP, Kenwood, Kicker, Sub Thump, US Speedo, WeatherTech Auto Meter, AeroForce, AVS, KC, TruxPort, Bushwacker, Alligator Performance, MA

Last edited by Boreen; 12-08-2012 at 10:49 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:50 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

all the OBS trucks technically are physically "smaller" than a Powerstroke or Cummins. Now compare a NBS truck with them, now its on par.

I dont think your truck looks small, looks like how a OBS truck should look, lifted.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:55 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Boreen, your truck looks really good and definitely not small. Looks lifted to me. But I know what you mean when you compare our obs to the same year or newer f250s and dodge 2500s. My buddies got a 06 mega cab, 6 inches on 37s and its rediculously big. Bigger than mine. gm trucks just sit so low from the factory. My other friends got a f250 leveled on 35s and its pretty beefy. I think a lot of it has to do with the actual body style too. Our trucks are a lot smaller in general compared to other 3/4 tons. But the NBS chevy trucks are definitely beefy.

LB7 LT
05-07 front end
6" ZONE, Cognito UCAs, 37" Toyo MTs, 22" Fuel Hostage,
ATP EFI Live, CTS, S&B, Pro-Fab,
PPE, ADP fuel adapter, 5" DE,
Road armor bumpers, PIAA lights, N fab steps
dirtymaxxx03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 08:33 AM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

The reason the fords and dodges look taller than outs is because they have a taller/deeper bedside! It makes all the diff in the world in making the truck look bigger!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

2013 Silverado, Tuned (EFI by PPEI) deleted, 5" straight pipe, FASS Titanium 150, color matched front end, retro'd headlights

My LML Build Thread

Instagram: brolandry

One Big Ass Mistake America
U Can't Cure Stupid

www.performancetruckproducts.com

Shop @ the DMAXstore.com
crazycrew is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 08:46 AM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

It's alright man. My last truck was a tundra w/ a 6inch RCD lift with 35 nitto mud grapplers. Sad part about it was my dads lmm had the torsion bars cranked and bigger tires and the trucks were the same height lol
5" Mbrp W/O Muffler down pipe back
H&S MINI MAXX
Rhino Lining
Diamond Eye DownPipe
FASS Titnium Series 95

Garrett
Dm23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 09:27 AM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

I think the stance of your truck looks killer man! But i can understand how aggervating it is when your truck doesnt have the desired look that you want.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
PPE Hot+2,
Alligator Tranny lines
Autometer Cobalt, boost and pyro.
Color-matched mirrors, bumper, flares and bowtie.
Smoked cab, 3rd brake, fender and tail lights.
duramaxchris06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 10:32 AM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

To me it just seems smaller than most 6" lifts on OBS trucks that ive seen. I have buddies with Pro Comp, BDS, Fabtech and Rough Country. ALL of there trucks sit higher than mine or seem to.
I thought the Zone was a bigger true 6" compared to these other brands. One buddy even has a 6" Pro Comp on an LBZ, and runs 20's/37's just fine. I dont even think i could get 37's under my truck the way it sits.

Old 12-09-2012, 10:40 AM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

instead of trying to eye ball it, why don't you measure the fender height?
DiamondEye 4", EFI Live by BobO, Edge Insight CTS, S&B Intake, Bilstein 5100 shocks, MOOG idler/pitman with SS support, Raptor 150, P553207, !PCV, !EGR, Transgo Jr, Rare Parts tie rods, 55 watt 4.5k HID low/hi/fogs, Belltech 3" lowering shackle
danhr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.