traction bar help please - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Suspension&Steering Discuss what Mods for the suspension & steering are right for you.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 07:40 AM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

traction bar help please

Ok so i searched the foram for this and couldnt find it so sorry if this was answered already. i got a really dumb question i made my self some adjustable traction bars and i dont want them to rattle so i figured i would tighten them. do i tighten them so it pulls the ends togather or pushes them apart. hopefully you guys no what im talking about. Thanks Mark
2004.5 lly CC/SB LT white 147k : EFI Live DSP5 Tuned by Kory : Georend transmission : Stright piped 4in MBRP turbo back exhaust : Pro fab down pipe : S&B CAI : Banks hot side intercooler pipe : EGR Block plate : AFE mouth piece : raptor lift pump : ported fuel fitting : shimmed fuel valve : CAT Nicktane adapter : Rare parts tie rods : Traction bars : Drive shaft loop
Dura is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 07:50 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Personally i think if it were me, i would tighten them so it just slightly pulls the ends together. You wouldnt want to crank them together very tight tho, just a little snug is all.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:52 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

how do they attach to the axle? i think it would make a difference. cuz if they are attached on the bottom and you shorten the bar it will roll your axle back if you lengthen the bar it will roll the axle forward. that's if its on the bottom. idk lol just rambling
2008 LMM 2500HD, MA-700, MBRP 4'', K&N cold air intake, EFI Live from Diesel Addiction, edge insight, PPE lift pump, egr blocked, 33'' Goodyear duratracs on 20" XD Misfits, de-debadged,smoked tail lights and cab lights, halo headlights, black grille, leveled with keys, B&M gooseneck hitch, air ride air bags with compressor, Alligator tie rod sleeves, PPE shim kit,Rough Country 6'' Lift Powdercoated Orange, 35w 5000k HIDs highs, lows and fogs
WAITING TO BE INSTALLED - PCV reroute, Ppe rear diff cover, inline filter kit
>>>build thread<<<
BorderlineReckless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 07:54 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

or do i have no clue what i'm talking about? haha
2008 LMM 2500HD, MA-700, MBRP 4'', K&N cold air intake, EFI Live from Diesel Addiction, edge insight, PPE lift pump, egr blocked, 33'' Goodyear duratracs on 20" XD Misfits, de-debadged,smoked tail lights and cab lights, halo headlights, black grille, leveled with keys, B&M gooseneck hitch, air ride air bags with compressor, Alligator tie rod sleeves, PPE shim kit,Rough Country 6'' Lift Powdercoated Orange, 35w 5000k HIDs highs, lows and fogs
WAITING TO BE INSTALLED - PCV reroute, Ppe rear diff cover, inline filter kit
>>>build thread<<<
BorderlineReckless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 07:55 AM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

Its attached to the bottom of the U bolts
2004.5 lly CC/SB LT white 147k : EFI Live DSP5 Tuned by Kory : Georend transmission : Stright piped 4in MBRP turbo back exhaust : Pro fab down pipe : S&B CAI : Banks hot side intercooler pipe : EGR Block plate : AFE mouth piece : raptor lift pump : ported fuel fitting : shimmed fuel valve : CAT Nicktane adapter : Rare parts tie rods : Traction bars : Drive shaft loop
Old 01-03-2013, 07:58 AM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

and my buddy tightened them and he pulled a goosneck a couple hundred miles and they were loose so was wondering what way was right?
Old 01-03-2013, 08:06 AM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Do you have jam nuts to keep the ends tight? I have jam nuts on all my stuff and they have never come loose, also is one end right hand thread and the other left hand thread or are they both right hand thread? If one of left and the other is right thread it will loosen itself very easily if there are no jam nuts. Post some picks of your setup please!
Old 01-03-2013, 08:13 AM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

I have left hand on one end and right hand on the other with a jam nut on just one end. i will try get some pics up ASAP
Old 01-03-2013, 08:17 AM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)
Received a Hummer

I could be wrong, because I honestly never really thought about it enough, but I would think it really wouldn't matter too much. The whole point of them is to stop rolling, and whether it's pulling or pushing, it will stop the roll (in my mind anyways).
Old 01-03-2013, 08:30 AM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Why don't trucks come stock with traction bars? What's the purpose of axel wrap? Rather than having straight driveshaft?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Cknight199 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.