LBZ - Duramax store "Stage 3 Front End" - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Suspension&Steering Discuss what Mods for the suspension & steering are right for you.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 09:59 AM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

LBZ - Duramax store "Stage 3 Front End"

Looking at buying the Stage 3 Front End from the Duramax store for my 07' CCSB LBZ. The kit comes with the following which seems like the beefiest setup for IRS front ends out there:
- Kryptonite Center link
- Kryptonite Tie-Rods
- Kryptonite Idler support bracket
- Kryptonite Idler support frame gusset
- Cognito Pitman support
- Moog pitman/ilder arms

The kit is expensive ($1,378.99). Has anyone installed this kit? Are there vendors with more competative prices?
2007 Chevy 2500HD LBZ ... Sold
2003 Ford Lightning ... Sold
jsucil89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2013, 10:17 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsucil89 View Post
Looking at buying the Stage 3 Front End from the Duramax store for my 07' CCSB LBZ. The kit comes with the following which seems like the beefiest setup for IRS front ends out there:
- Kryptonite Center link
- Kryptonite Tie-Rods
- Kryptonite Idler support bracket
- Kryptonite Idler support frame gusset
- Cognito Pitman support
- Moog pitman/ilder arms

The kit is expensive ($1,378.99). Has anyone installed this kit? Are there vendors with more competative prices?
Definitely people out there who have installed it, hopefully they will chime in. The Kryptonite stuff if a proprietary design so its exclusively available from Dmaxstore. EXAXT used to be a great option and pricepoint but they haven't had production for a while now so until it becomes available again, the Kryptonite stuff (very similar to the EXAXT setup) is your best option for a bulletproof front end IMHO.
2005 Silverado EC/SB, LLY, 4WD, EFI DSP5 V2 (Idaho Rob at ATP), Edge CTS w/ EGT probe, LML Exhaust Manifold, PPE shimmed FPRV, Banks LBZ air cleaner, Profab intake, LBZ Turbo Mouthpiece, Kennedy twin lift pumps w/ megafilter, Corsa 304 SS Exhaust, Mike L tranny cooler, EXAXT Steering System, Redhead Power Steering Box w/ Amsoil PS fluid, Green Torsion Keys, Allison Deep Pan w/ Suncoast Filterlock and Transynd ATF, Bilstein 5100's (Norcal), Cognito UCA's, 17" NBS alloy rims, 265/70R17 Michelin LTX M/S2's, Pioneer AVH-P3200BT, CubbyCam Backup Camera, Pop & Lock Power Tailgate Lock, Extang Solid Fold Tonneau Cover, Tekonsha P3 Brake controller, Alphatherm AT-38OD Washer Fluid Heater

Last edited by MTL_Dmax; 02-25-2013 at 10:23 AM.
MTL_Dmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 02:56 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

Curious to hear feedback from the guys who have installed the stage 3 kit. I'm torn between the stage 2 and stage 3 kits.
2007 Chevy 2500HD LBZ ... Sold
2003 Ford Lightning ... Sold
jsucil89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 10:44 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
Copperhead Diesel

I have their tie rods and centerlink, it's good so far. Want to get their idler arm support and bracket. The centerlink might be a little close to the front differential with a lift kit though.

2006 CCSB LBZ - S480/Stock - Copperhead Built Competition Trans
Sean@Copperhead-Diesel.com
DangerDog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 11:14 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
ATPTRUCKS

We have their kits ready to go. Best kit on the market by far! We sell tons and never once had an issue. I have their kryptonite comp series on both of my rigs and is before the best.

Let me know if I can help out bud

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Special thanks to: Mike L, Gtrippin, IdahoRob, Dmaxstore, HSP, ISSPRO, Yukon, Airdog

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Adrenaline Truck Performance IDAHO ROB 208.685.1000
sickdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 11:24 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

Just got my truck back today with the stage 3 installed it feels great and did a few launches and it launched straight as an arrow. Im also running BFG 285's and was worried about rub with the torsion bars down. How do my CV angles look??

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1361859856315.jpg (27.0 KB, 209 views)
Kryptonite Stage 3 Front End And ATP tuning to pull it all together
KevinWielenga is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 11:28 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
ATPTRUCKS

Looks great Kevin! Glad it all went smooth!

I wasn't lying when I said I can launch at over 30 psi in blackout with 2 fingers on the wheel and it go straight

Special thanks to: Mike L, Gtrippin, IdahoRob, Dmaxstore, HSP, ISSPRO, Yukon, Airdog

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Old 02-25-2013, 11:31 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

Ya dustin it is incredible!!! Now im just tuning my BOV and am gonna get some serious tests in at a track!!

Kryptonite Stage 3 Front End And ATP tuning to pull it all together
KevinWielenga is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 11:40 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)
ATPTRUCKS

Oh ya!

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Old 02-25-2013, 11:51 PM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinWielenga View Post
Just got my truck back today with the stage 3 installed it feels great and did a few launches and it launched straight as an arrow. Im also running BFG 285's and was worried about rub with the torsion bars down. How do my CV angles look??

do you have stock keys in? im runnin leveling keys in mine and run 285's wondering if i can probably turn mine down a bit and reduce a little angle, not that i have bad angles now.

2006 LBZ CC/SB leveled w/ bilstien 5100s, egr blocked, pcv reroute, afe stage 2, 4" straight pipe, edge cts insight, EFI live-Idaho Rob, 33/12.50/18 toyo mt, plastidipped 18's, de-badged, de-molded, de-stickered
06LBZdmax40 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.