New shocks for 04 Duramax - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Suspension&Steering Discuss what Mods for the suspension & steering are right for you.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2014, 03:32 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

New shocks for 04 Duramax

Hey guys im looking into replacing the shocks on my 2004 extended cab LLY. Id like to get some opinions on something for a smoother ride than stock, i have also somewhat leveled the front out by turnin the torsion keys but not maxed out, probably about 3 inches. Also is it crucial what length shocks i get? Thanks guys
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2014, 04:10 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

I leveled my 04 lb7 by torsion bar and I replaced with regular shocks no problems. I put more expensive shocks but still OEM size and its still not caddy smooth like it was new, but I'm fine with how it is. If you raise it or get bigger tires it always seems to get rougher in my opinion.
diablo sport predator
4 in exhaust turbo mouth piece gibson exhaust tip, nicktane adapter cat filter, pioneer double din,leveled,
Hids led dash lights
Carthage, indiana
LEAD FARMER
andy
http://performancetruckproducts.com/
agibson94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2014, 04:22 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

I just put rancho rs9000xls on my truck and like em. They have 9 settings so you can adjust the shock to what you want lower when empty and higher when towing. I was on 4-5 in the rears for a little bit and it's deffinetly noticeably softer ride then the stocks. I jacked them up for towing I think 7 or 8 and was to lazy to adjust them back it's more stiff but not that bad. If your leveled you probably need extenders or a longer shock but who ever you get them from should be able to get that straightened out for you I got mine from the Dmaxstore.
-EFIlive with dsp5 swicth -Transgojr with transynd -Edge cts gauge monitor with dash mount -Edge eas egt probe -Airdog 165 lift pump -Blocker plate -Transmission cooler lines -Optilube fuel additive -Backup camera
MHDMAX66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.