Aftermarket camber bolts? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Suspension&Steering Discuss what Mods for the suspension & steering are right for you.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2011, 07:10 AM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Aftermarket camber bolts?

Ok, im having a hard time with my truck pulling to the right and unevenly wearing my passenger tire. Is there a camber bolt that allows more adjustment than stock?

Thanks
LBZ MP,LBZ intake
PPE stage 5 tranny
LMM Manifolds
6 inch rough country lift.
4 Inch MBRP straight pipe
to single 8" Mitre stack
35 Toyo M/T on 18" goliaths
brut3forc3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2011, 11:02 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

Bump

I'm curious too. Found Car Part Wholesale - Auto Parts and Accessories Catalog - Moog Camber and Alignment Kit

and Moog MOK80277 thats a +/- 2* plate and the MOK100026 is the whole kit with up to +/- 1.5*

I've got a 4" Rancho lift and both tires are kicken in and are wearing the inside of both my front tires. I gotta get this fixed ASAP.
|4.5" on 34's|18" Moto Metal 961's|PPE 160 Tune|S&B CAI|5" Straight Pipe w/ 7" Tip|Ported/Polished Intake Horn|PPE BIV|PPE CP3 Fitting|Autometer Cobalt Boost/Pyro|Sleeves|Bushwackers|Kenwood 2xDin|Headrest DVDs|Boston Components|10's, JL 500/1 & 300/4|Black Halo Projectors w/ 6k/8k HIDs|Billet Grille|5% Tint|'03+ LED Tail Lights|Clifford Security System|Valentine One
BoostJunky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2011, 12:24 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
Lifetime Supporting Member

I would check out my idler and pitman and other components first chances are it could be a worn out joint especially with a lift
SoCal Cam
Mahle Forged Pistons .040 ovr
Hamilton Rods
Floor it pump
Dipper sticks
ATS Trans/CoPilot/TC
Other Stuff...
seth999 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2011, 12:34 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

x2 on what Seth said... these tend to wear out over time... is there any play left to right if you jack up one of your tires???
Landis: '08 LMM, Black, LTZ, CC, SB, 4x4, Edge Evo Race CTS, Black MBRP 4" Turbo back straight pipe, Debadged, No door moldings,RBP Grill(slightly modified) Black Bowties front and rear, all headlight on mod, Leveled, 18"Black Rockstars with 285/65s Nitto Terra Grapplers
'00 Cherokee, Ready for the trails

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duraskank View Post
Lol, I get confused easily Josh. You can't just run up and take my fkn glue and scissors and tell me arts n crafts time is over without a reason.
KYdmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2011, 07:49 AM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYdmax View Post
x2 on what Seth said... these tend to wear out over time... is there any play left to right if you jack up one of your tires???
L-R or Up/Dn? The pass side hub bearing is starting to have a slight bit of play in it but nothing too too serious. I'm not sure ab L/R though. The adjustment brackets are maxed out though. That's where the others with the extra 1.5 +/- degrees of adjustment comes in to play.
|4.5" on 34's|18" Moto Metal 961's|PPE 160 Tune|S&B CAI|5" Straight Pipe w/ 7" Tip|Ported/Polished Intake Horn|PPE BIV|PPE CP3 Fitting|Autometer Cobalt Boost/Pyro|Sleeves|Bushwackers|Kenwood 2xDin|Headrest DVDs|Boston Components|10's, JL 500/1 & 300/4|Black Halo Projectors w/ 6k/8k HIDs|Billet Grille|5% Tint|'03+ LED Tail Lights|Clifford Security System|Valentine One
Old 03-05-2011, 09:33 AM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

There are also these. 2001-2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Control Arm Bushing Kit - Suspension - Moog, Upper 01-08 Silverado 2500 HD Control Arm Bushing Kit - 3704-07031519 - PartsGeek

Anyone used these to fix the alignment problem or the bolt kits?
Old 03-05-2011, 10:28 AM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporting Member

Bolt kits are fine as long as you be sure that you don't have any other problems first. The bolt kit should be a last resort only. Check that no suspension or steering parts are bent or worn before resorting to the bolt kit for alignment. In theory, if everything is straight and good, the factory length bolt should align fine, but that doesn't always hold true. Most of the time when an alignment shop uses an a/m bolt they are just hiding (or ignoring) some other problem.
2002 Silverado 2500HD LB7 FE9 Ext Cab 4x4 LT, Goodyear Wrangler MT/R 285/75R16, Resonator plugged, B&W Turnover ball, LB7 Intake Horn Mod, PPE Airbox mod, Rancho 9000XL shocks, PPE Running Level 3! 4" MBRP Turbo Back,Pillar Mounted Autometer Cobalt Boost and Pyro gauges, PPE Boost Increase Valve

scottdomine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2011, 10:42 AM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdomine View Post
Bolt kits are fine as long as you be sure that you don't have any other problems first. The bolt kit should be a last resort only. Check that no suspension or steering parts are bent or worn before resorting to the bolt kit for alignment. In theory, if everything is straight and good, the factory length bolt should align fine, but that doesn't always hold true. Most of the time when an alignment shop uses an a/m bolt they are just hiding (or ignoring) some other problem.
So check the I&P arms first and then what? Driver side hub is good, pass side is ok but could stand to be replaced. I need a swap bar connector for the driver side, but other than that everything else looks pretty good just by eye balling it.
Old 09-11-2011, 12:44 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostJunky View Post
So check the I&P arms first and then what? Driver side hub is good, pass side is ok but could stand to be replaced. I need a swap bar connector for the driver side, but other than that everything else looks pretty good just by eye balling it.
Replace both hubs first or aligning it is a waste of time.

110 HP tune Kryptonite tie-rods / Cognito braces

BFG KM2 305/65R17 (33x12.50") on H2's
Timbrens front, Hellwig overload springs rear, Bilstein 5100's, Rhino lined bed, '06 tow mirrors, camo seat covers, High Idle switch, Gadsden sticker on rear glass

MEMBER #1 Dirty Work Truck Club

'98 Jeep XJ 4.slow / Auto
4.5" Lift, 32x11.50-16 Nitto Trail Grapplers, M/T Wheels, homebrew bumper, Powertrax No Slip/C8.25

Whats a sway bar?

Quote:
Drop the tailgate down on a turn row
Watch the corn grow, baby that's a good night
DMAXSTORE.COM, Your Duramax Diesel-Only Shopping Resource
Diesel Dan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.