2011 Chevy Dmax 3500 SRW truck camper question - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2012, 02:42 PM   eBay Motors  #11 (permalink)

With your probable loaded weight and SRW truck I doubt your stock tires are going to be adequate. The 18" forged aluminum rims are fine but the stock tires are usually load rated for a maximum of 3400@80 for a total rear axle load of 6800#. Your load is 7000 lbs. plus and do not be surprised if the actual "dry weight" of your camper is 300-500 lbs. higher than what shows on the manufacturer's sticker on the back.

The dry weight does not include propane, a battery, AC unit, and other additions. Filling up the water tank can add another 240 lbs. as well to the camper before you put your personal items inside. After loading my Lance 845 into the bed of my truck and driving to a CAT scale from the dealer's I found that it was 400 lbs. heavier than the sticker indicated. 97 lbs. was from the AC unit and probably 70 lbs. was from the battery and 30 lbs. from the propane but the remainder of the difference in weight was and remains a mystery.
elkhornsun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2012, 06:28 PM   eBay Motors  #12 (permalink)

30 lbs lp plus another 25 for the tank? My ride weighed 8050 lbs with 3/4 tank of fuel and a fiberglass cap when dry weight was 7100 lbs... I think s.o.p. is to under weigh vehicles for lower registration costs?
2008 Sunnybrook Sunset Creek 312BHDS 35' TT (SOLD)
2013 Toyota Prius (wife's)
Fred2012Dually is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2013, 09:20 AM   eBay Motors  #13 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

Update info I picked up a 2010 arctic fox 990 the only mod was the torklift stableloads that are adjustable/switchable on the lower overloads. The way they fit on my truck one plate in the front and 3 in the back I do have lift the truck with a floor jack to get these in between the springs even when the truck is unloaded. I drove about 900 miles on that combo and installed these because torklift advised that i should put those on, the arctic fox rep suggested both upper and lower stable loads and airbags. He has the same combo without the lower stableloads. Got a little bit of bobbing forward and backward when going over bumps this was most noticed with my head against the head rest. There was no side ways motions. We drove in winds, on snow covered roads, up and down hills , with tractor trailers. Came home put upper stable loads on and drove without the lower ones engaged, these are the blot on blocks. This helped the ride better then the lowers alone. Then engaged the lowers which helped even more. Just did a local 5 mile loop to check it out. I have a set of Firestone airbags in the box which I will add in the next 2 weeks and report back. We are really enjoying the truck camper and love that big slide out.
docskibum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2013, 09:29 AM   eBay Motors  #14 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

One more fact Stock height camper off approximate 4 inches between the axle and the jounce bumper, accurate 18 3/4 from the bottom of the rear tie down and the ground 17 1/2 on the front. Camper on with the upper stable loads only 17 1/2 rear, 16 front, jounce 2 3/4, with the lower ones engaged 17 3/4 rear, 16 3/4 front, I will take to scales to see weight soon.
docskibum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.