Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

2002 tow mirrors...??

23K views 31 replies 9 participants last post by  db8 
#1 ·
Hi all-

Im trying to figure out what mirrors will work with my truck.... I have an 02 LS CCLB that currently has the small mirrors, power, heated and with the turn signals...im looking to upgrade to the new dual glass style mirrors that kind of look like the superduty mirrors. All I can seem to find are listings on ebay and such that say 03-07 with heat/power/signals, or 99-02, but manual. Will the 03-07 mirrors work with my truck?

Thanks very much in advance, and I apologize if this is a dumb newb question, I just want to make sure I order the right ones! I tried searching but wasn't able to find anything definitive.

#2 ·
the mirrors will mount up but the wiring is different on the 03-07 trucks

#3 ·
Good to know, thanks... as long as I can guess n check the wiring im sure I can figure it out. My biggest concern was that they bolt up correctly. Any idea if the wiring is a simple thing?

#4 ·
I got mine from discountautomirrors.com, and they have the power heated mirrors for 01-02s

#5 ·
I looked there, I don't think they currently have any in stock as they aren't listed. I believe they're just like these though?

RPRU.com: 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Series Truck 1 Left Driver And 1 Right Passenger Side Upgrade Power Heated Telescopic Towing Mirrors With The Mirror Glass

Only "problem" with those is they don't have the turn signals...not the end of the world, but since I have them now id like to retain them if possible, in which case im thinking my best bet is to get the 03-07 ones and modify the wiring as needed...?

Any problems with ordering from rpru.com? Anyone know what's involved with the changes in wiring?

Thanks for the quick responses fellas :)

#7 ·
I didn't either, which is probably why Im unable to find a plug n play set with the features I want. Im assuming that the previous owner of my truck must have upgraded to stock style mirrors, but with the signals. Not sure how he went about that, but im hoping to retain the feature!

#8 ·
#12 ·
Mirrors

I have looked further and one site says (for the same mirrors) 18" wide unextended + 4" when extended (22"). My OEM mirrors stick out about 12"s.

Was wondering how you like them and does the glass vibrate any at cruise speed? I have a broken OEM one and am considering getting the OEM replacement or a set of these. I really don't need them, but was wondering if you like them a lot better for just driving around? Any thoughts (pro or con) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Dave

#13 ·
I haven't had any problems. I found them in this thread over on DP:

Tow Mirrors from Monster Auto - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

There may be some more information on them there. I like them because my stock mirrors are tiny. I have a crew cab/long bed configuration and the bigger mirrors help a lot.

The con is they're larger. That's the only one I can think of. But the truck is already large, lifted and on 37s. Plus, these mirrors are standard equipment on some trucks like the Ford Super Duties. I missed them from my old F250.

#14 ·
You can find them on ebay for 250 with heat, turn signals and power. I got mine off monster auto for 350 after I found on ebay. No vibration @ 70 and the view is alot better.

Sent from my C771 using AutoGuide App

#18 ·
I'm a lucky duck!!!

Like I said, my best guess is the previous owner wired them in at some point, although I'm not quite sure why he would do that and not upgrade to a bigger mirror at the same time :cookoo[1]: I think I'll pop one off and take a look at what I see in there for wires. When I initially got the truck, I didn't think anything of them being there, but once I started shopping for new mirrors I was a little confused why no one offered them with the signals for my truck :eek:

If nothing else, I'll probably end up getting the ones from AM Autoparts with no signals, just to save the cash. The signals are nice but whatever.

Thanks for the replies everyone, this thread has been really helpful to me :thumb

#17 ·
turn signal

I wouldn't think it would be that hard to run wires from the turn signals to the mirrors? In fact I was thinking of that for some '03 - '07 OEM small mirrors if I decide to go that route. I guess the first thing I need to do is figure out if I want to replace the broken one with OEM or go with the tow! Thanks. Dave

#19 ·
I wouldn't think it would be that hard to run wires from the turn signals to the mirrors? In fact I was thinking of that for some '03 - '07 OEM small mirrors if I decide to go that route. I guess the first thing I need to do is figure out if I want to replace the broken one with OEM or go with the tow! Thanks. Dave
I'm not sure what they go for, but I'll be looking to sell my small OEM ones (WITH SIGNALS!!) once I buy/install a set of these tow mirrors. Probably by the new year or shortly thereafter... Feel free to PM me an offer on the set if you'd be interested

#20 ·
Thanks

Am PMing with a couple of people now about OEM mirrors. I'll figure out which ones I want to go with because I don't want to waste anybody's time (OEM or tow). No numbers have been discussed yet, though I have looked at some of the classified in the past for them. Thanks. Dave

#21 ·
well were on the subject of tow mirriors , im in the same boat i have a 2005 chevy silverado 2500 ex-tended cab , im looking for tow for the tow mirrors as well , it has the power out with the directional in them right now , i would like to switch to the other tow mirrors .... anyone that could help out would be greatly appreciated .

p.s im from the mass area im looking to see if theres any performance shops or other members around that would like to set up a meet....

thank you mike

#25 ·
Not hard

I have read a bunch of posts on this and it's real easy to replace the mirrors from what I understand. I can report back once I do it, or I'm sure a bunch of others who have actually done it will chime in. Dave

#26 ·
There easy to put on..... look up the thread on how to level tow mirrors n pick up a sixer, before you know it you'll be enjoying the view

Sent from my C771 using AutoGuide App

#27 ·
sorry for taking so long to post a picture...I just ended up getting the 01/02 mirrors, so power and heat, but lost the turn signals, from AM autoparts. Fit was great and shake at highway speed is minimal/doesn't bother me. Overall very happy with them.

#28 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.