Analysis Paralysis - - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 08:46 PM   eBay Motors  #11 (permalink)

No efi live for lmls Keep the 01 and get a 12!

2005 ECSB LLY-HDP tuned and built gmax 5, supporting mods
elliottw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2013, 08:49 PM   eBay Motors  #12 (permalink)
Finally Deleted and Tuned
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliottw View Post
No efi live for lmls Keep the 01 and get a 12!
? What gives? Is it the DEF emissions? What about 2009? I was thinking of 2009 to avoid the DEF since I don't know much about it.

RedNeck Dually Build Thread
Dually Club Member #191
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERWATCH_09 View Post
The perfect storm of incompetence....Nothing more dangerous than a redneck with money.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose2448 View Post
It's really complicated sounding, but it's easier than giving a fat girl a bucket of ice cream.
TexasRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013, 08:56 PM   eBay Motors  #13 (permalink)

Wow! Yeah dude with Tier 4 emissions standards 2011+ basically all you can do is an H&S tuner and now you would have to hurry to get an old one that will do deletes. 2010 on down you're good to go with efi! But soon they won't offer delete capabilities either in the US at least.

2005 ECSB LLY-HDP tuned and built gmax 5, supporting mods
elliottw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013, 11:07 PM   eBay Motors  #14 (permalink)

First off what is your price limit on a trailer? Or what kind of price limit do you have between a different truck and trailer? Also how long of trips and how often will you be going and would it be a toyhauler? Your 2500 would be very capable lowerd to leveled, or even 4" lift as a tow rig. But if your going after a huge toyhauler and lots of long distance trips i would say the dually is the way to go. My 2008 lmm is factory rated to tow like 22000lbs with the weight of the trailer and truck and all gear. Do you have the stock stuff to return the truck to stock i would give norcaltruc a call and talk to them.

Old truck 03 1500hd w4me tune, aem cai, 951 moto metal, 285/16 duratracs, bw and companion
zr600 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 12:49 AM   eBay Motors  #15 (permalink)

I too am new to this camper hauling ordeal TexasRedNeck. Most I ever hauled was a bass boat. But like you the wife wants a Large camper and the every day life out in the wilderness with her. Would a 5th wheel for a 2012 SRW Duramax not work?
Old 01-08-2013, 02:35 AM   eBay Motors  #16 (permalink)

i have a 2011 w/ def and or dfp delete and afe power exhaunt 4" and airdog2... running 550 to 600 HP, bought that way... i am still trying to figure out what else this BEAST has...
Wildman77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 05:17 AM   eBay Motors  #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliechevy View Post
I too am new to this camper hauling ordeal TexasRedNeck. Most I ever hauled was a bass boat. But like you the wife wants a Large camper and the every day life out in the wilderness with her. Would a 5th wheel for a 2012 SRW Duramax not work?
You shouldn't have a problem with a 5th wheel if your suspension is stock. I think 2500 lml is rated at 16000 pounds for 5th wheel towing maybe more. That's a big camper I think. You may want to look into getting air bags to help with the load if you go that big though.
MHDMAX66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 05:20 AM   eBay Motors  #18 (permalink)
Finally Deleted and Tuned
Lifetime Supporting Member

First, thanks to everyeone for weighing in on this.

The price doesn't worry me as much as just wasting money on stuff just to have to replace it later with what I should have bought in the first place. I'd rather buy once and cry once, if you know what I mean. I just don't want to pour more cash in to the '01 ( as much as I love the truck - it only has 130K on it) to remove the lift, add a fifth wheel, air bags in the rear, etc. just to wind up wishing/needing the DRW.

RedNeck Dually Build Thread
Dually Club Member #191
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERWATCH_09 View Post
The perfect storm of incompetence....Nothing more dangerous than a redneck with money.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose2448 View Post
It's really complicated sounding, but it's easier than giving a fat girl a bucket of ice cream.
TexasRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 09:25 AM   eBay Motors  #19 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildman77 View Post
i have a 2011 w/ def and or dfp delete and afe power exhaunt 4" and airdog2... running 550 to 600 HP,
Edge Juice w/Attitude - 4" straight pipe (shaved the muff and killed the kitty) with 5" tip - Blocked EGR - triple guage pod (Aux Fuel, Air Bags, Boost) - air bags w/compressor and 2 gallon air tank - train horn - tint (5 back/15 front) - custom grill - pace roll-top cover - 28 gallon aux fuel tank (gravity feed) - Pioneer AVIC-D3 in dash DVD/GPS/Bluetooth unit with XM Nav Traffic - metra on-star adaptor - PAC SWI-PS steering wheel remote interface - 2 10" MTX subs with Rockford amp - head rest monitors - passenger visor monitor - viper remote start - 07 mirrors (w/ DIY leveling) - DIY pre-OEM Cat fuel filter - boost stick - AEM Brute Force CAI - 20" black spoke KMC wheels mounted with 305x50x20's

Last edited by premis; 01-08-2013 at 09:35 AM.
premis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 09:37 AM   eBay Motors  #20 (permalink)

I have a SRW and I was in your same shoes about a year ago. A little different situation because I use mine for family camping and hunting so I wanted to haul my 4 wheeler in it as well. I eventually just went with a 29ft bumper pull with super slide and put my 4 wheelers in the bed on a deck for hunt trips.

I'm a safety freak so I bought the best sway/weight distribution hitch you can buy and I feel I made the right decision. I hate not having the use of my bed with a 5th wheel and toy haulers are so damn expensive.
S&B intake, 4in turbo back exhaust, Diamond Eye DP, EGR Block off, PCV re-route, EFI live (IdahoRob), AD 165, Transgo Jr, Alligator Cat adaptor/filter, Cognito UCA's/pitman/idler arms, Sulastic shackles(WASTE OF MONEY), Billstein struts/stabilizer, Fabtech Tie Rods, B&W turnover ball, Edge insight CTS, Alpine dvd h/u, 4300k HID's, Leveled mirrors, Amsoil fluids, 285/75/16 Goodyear Duratracs
Whiskerbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.