Boat Train behind 5th Wheel - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2013, 11:16 AM   eBay Motors  #11 (permalink)

F@!% oh dear I know............
Already thought about that and makes me cringe so I try not too.
Will hopefully enjoy it for awhile before I start spending some money again!!
We will see how hard it works the ole D'max with my 35's and all the toys behind it?
Sometimes I think about just selling all the crap and making life a bit simpler.............but I wouldn't be happy then either
Performance EFI LIVE DSP5 Idaho Rob's Magic, ADII 165 lift pump, 5in flo-pro exhaust, ADP DP, Transgo Jr. shift kit & Transynd swap, Autometer Boost and Pyro Guages, EGR BLOCK, PCV reroute, resonator cap, PPE Airbox MOD
Suspension Tuff Country 6" with Moog TieRods, Billsteins, 20in Helo, MT FCII 35's, Cognito full travel air bags w/Firestone Air Rite controls
Towing Drawtite Activator III, Anderson Drop Rapid Hitch, B&W companion slide 5er hitch
Appearance.....just because Linex Bedliner, billet grill, Wheel-to-wheel nerf bars, AstroStart, HIDs "all on", Denali Door Handles, Colormatch visors and bugsheild
On the Shop Floor New Trans cooler lines, Redline PS fluid flush
viking00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2013, 02:16 PM   eBay Motors  #12 (permalink)

Subs for pics and other cool shit.
Ive always been fascinated with towing a goosneck thats lifted. And ive always been intrested in towing 2 trailers
I think itd be hella fun
2007.5 LMM LTZ CCSB SRW 4X4: 10 inch JL subs in a probox under backseat: Hifonics 2500 watt AMP: Kenwood DDX790: Infinitie speakers: Weathertech liners: Camo woodgrain: Camo air vents: Denalli cup holder: LED interior lights: ISS Pro: Spyder smoked tails-3rd brake light: Retro Solutions reverse bulbs: recon smoked cab lights: Rigid D2 on front ranch hand: Lows fogs 55 watt 8k HID'S: S&B intake: 3" downpipe: 4" exhaust: 8 inch black tip: Transgo shift kit: SDP EGR delete: LB7 up pipe: PCV reroute: All on headlight mod: EFI live from Rob 20,60,90,120,150 DSP5 keylock: Flashed by J.stanton2009 on his V2 : Cognito UCA'S: Cognito braces: FFR Tie rods: Bilstein stabilizer: BMF Novakane 22-10.5: 305-45R22: Leveled
pbatathunder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2013, 02:24 PM   eBay Motors  #13 (permalink)

Subscribed for the cool pics
Old 07-23-2013, 02:57 PM   eBay Motors  #14 (permalink)
GMC..Professional Grade
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbatathunder View Post
Subs for pics and other cool shit.
Ive always been fascinated with towing a goosneck thats lifted. And ive always been intrested in towing 2 trailers
I think itd be hella fun
It's fun until you get in a spot and have to back up.
H&S minimaxx, MBRP downpipe back SS duals, Insight CTS w/backup cam, Fass HD150, PPE rear diff cover, Amsoil front-rear w/bypass, Cognito 4-6 NTBD w/idler/pitman braces, a-arms, Recon smoked cab lights
Titan 57 gal saddle tank, linex color matched bedliner , Trekstep bed steps x2, RBP rail steps, Nitto Mud Grapplers, B&W Gooseneck

---Arizona Diesel Club---
Member #19
it's not just a hobbie, it's an Adventure
KensAuto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2013, 03:18 PM   eBay Motors  #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking00 View Post
WOW yamaha...........that's long. What the overall length on that set-up? Cool pic by the way
thanks, that's Pismo beach on the California coast.....72'
Quote:
Originally Posted by KensAuto View Post
It's fun until you get in a spot and have to back up.
just be smart. don't get into a spot and then think about how to get out. on my 12' rear trailer, I put a jack that has a wheel that swivels. this way if I just have to get in some where that I need to back up, I just unhook the back trailer, ( takes 2 minutes to unhook ), and then come back and get as close as I can with my son spotting. then I just roll the trailer up the 5th wheel and hook it up. not really that big of a deal.
btw, it helps taking off sum weight on the pin hitch.
sold: 01 lb7 drw cclb 1 ton 4x4 federal truck. straight pipe with two 5" tips and banks exhaust brake. EFI live with cts monitor by ATP, CAT fuel filter adapter, Air Dog 165, AEM Intake, 6" lift with 285-70-16E Nitto MT tires. Sulastics shackles, AMP steps, HID head lights,Recon clear cab lights and led tail lights. 110 gal aux. tank "for those long trips to dumont dunes." everything that's not chrome color matched. stereo with 3 dvd screens for the wife and kids.`:shots
GM DRW club member #95

15' srw ccsb 3500 Denali debadged, 35% tint on the front half glass and 5% over stock tint on the back half glass, line-x bed, leveled with stock keys, 20x12 fuel throttle wheels, 285/55/20 Mickey Thompson atz p3 tires
YAMAHA1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2013, 07:59 AM   eBay Motors  #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by idamainer View Post
My goal is to pull tandem without any lift, was considering traditional bumper hitch type trailer with my boat behind it.
It would surprise me if any bumper-pull trailer had the frame/structure to support towing a second trailer behind it. Some 5'ers aren't even capable.
2007 Classic K2500HD LT3 Crew Cab LBZ
2006 K2500HD LT3 Extended Cab LBZ
2003 K1500 LTZ X-Cab Z-71 5.3 Liter Gas
1998 K1500 Silverado Z-71 5.7 Liter Gas
The Peddler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2013, 08:24 AM   eBay Motors  #17 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Peddler View Post
. Some 5'ers aren't even capable.
mine is. this is what came attached from the factory
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hit1.jpg (22.6 KB, 138 views)
File Type: jpg hit2.jpg (16.4 KB, 138 views)
Old 07-24-2013, 10:38 AM   eBay Motors  #18 (permalink)

scary what some manufactuer's put under there. I make all my own hitches for my fifth wheels, purchased a new camper this year, and thought to myself you know.... i seriously do not feel like crawling under this camper to put a hitch on " TERRIBLE JOB " so i allowed my RV dealer to farm it out to a local weld shop.... told them i needed it "class 3" or 5000LB capacity. SURE! so what do i get back? the most disgusting job i have ever seen in my life, pulled her with that hitch anyway to the lake because of course it was finished 3 days before our trip, came home with it bent, so i cut it off and took it down to the weld shop and placed it on the weld shop managers desk and thanked him for wasting my time. Got my money back though. Not to mention they welded on the frame "across the grain" which is a HUGE no no... just for everyone insight its my opinion that EVERY hitch needs two crossmembers to prevent cantilever, and allow the front tube to distribute the lateral forces to the rear tube. Just be careful with your hitches and monitor them, because if a manufacturer says rated for 3000LBS they mean it, 1LB over would likely rip the hitch off ! i find it sickening how they do everything in their power to make things as light as possible
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 090.jpg (61.5 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg 091.jpg (76.8 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg 092.jpg (72.0 KB, 127 views)

2012 GMC Denali Duramax Dually, boxliner, 6" oval steps, H&S mini-max tuner, full dpf/urea delete, MBRP 4" duals

2004 silverado duramax LT, 6" procomp lift, 37" nitto trail grapplers, 20" black hoss rims, Autometer A-pillar boost/pyro guages, diablo predator tuner, custom made rear/front bumpers, custom headache rack, (SOLD)
pressure_welder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2013, 11:15 AM   eBay Motors  #19 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pressure_welder View Post
because if a manufacturer says rated for 3000LBS they mean it, 1LB over would likely rip the hitch off ! i find it sickening how they do everything in their power to make things as light as possible
if that is the case towing 1 pound over max gross for your 5er and the pin box would rip off, or the axles would snap.. I know they are trying to give us a product that we can afford, but you get what you pay for, not the other way around.. the engineers designed a tolerance into their products knowing full well we will exceed
Old 07-24-2013, 11:49 AM   eBay Motors  #20 (permalink)

30' Bumper pull with 21' CC boat. This was 84' from the front bumper to the prop. Not legal, but it pulled great @ 65 to 70 mph.Dmax pulling camper & Boat.jpg
2007 Silverado HD Crew Cab 4x4 Z71, 125000 miles, EFI Live with DSP5 Swith by ATP, Edge Insight w/backup camera, SunCoast 1056 torque converter, EGR block plate, TransGo Jr shift kit, 70 gallon in bed tank, 4" MBRP down pipe back, B&W gooseneck ball, LT285/70R17 Firestone Destination AT, 17" Vision Warrior 375 wheels, Century Camper Top.
deweyls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.