Hot shot drivers/ Camper haulers - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2010, 11:57 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)
Waldo
Supporting Member

Hot shot drivers/ Camper haulers

Who here runs hot shot or hauls campers? If so is it worth it?
oxeicher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2010, 04:54 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxeicher View Post
Who here runs hot shot or hauls campers? If so is it worth it?
What is this hot shot you speak of?
06 CCSB LBZ 4x4 LT3; torsion key lift (leveled); 265/75-16 Pro Comp A/T on OEM wheels (winter), BFGoodrich Rugged Terrain 275/70-18 on XD Diesel 18x9 (summer); MBRP 4" turbo back with Corsa muffler; EGR blocked; Edge Insight CTS gauges; EFI Live DSP2 by Idaho Rob - 80HP DD and 40HP tow with turbo brake (love it!); Rancho 9000XL shocks; updated rear cab mounts; Transgo Jr.; Merchant Automotive tie rod sleeves; everything synthetic; Access Tonneau hiding Line-X; tinted windows 5% all around; Tekonsha P3 brake controller; HIR bulbs, more to come soon......
knaffie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2010, 05:11 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
Slave to the Interwebs

A hot shot is someone who delivers packages or material across the country or even in their own area. They are kind of like Fed Ex but quicker.

06 2500 CREW CAB 4X4 LBZ LOONNGGGGG BED
EXHAUST,EFI LIVE,S&B COLD AIR INTAKE
AUTOMETER GAUGES, TRANSGO JR, BLOCKED, TIE ROD SLEEVES...

WORK RIG
2014 3500 CREW,DUALLY, LML, HARBOR 9' UTILITY BED Bone Freakin Stock
This is not only your forum you have to share it with over 100,000 others
Johnasara is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2010, 05:30 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

No freight terminals, no shifting from truck to truck...One truck, One driver, straight thru from point A to point B, limited stops and usually time critical for arrival.

RV hauling is a bit different...and usually pays less.
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"

Hook'em_Horns! is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2010, 07:15 AM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator

With this economy, I doubt there is a bunch of places looking for a Hot Shot driver. Probably a lot of drivers sitting and waiting on a call from them!
Chevy 04.5 LLY, 2X, shell, XDR, MikeL Heavy duty up-grade, 6spd, TransGo, deep pan, de-badged, 65 Gallon replacement Aero tank, LBZ-mp, Kennedy pump, shimmed, Pre-fuel filter, tow mirrors, BU cam, gauges, GPS, Sirius, bags, custom grille, fender vents, HD trans cooler- Curt front hitch, footwell lights, load lights, Studs, head gaskets.--- Jerry
jc1843 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2010, 07:52 AM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

Kinda sounds like a pizza delivery job.
2002 Polaris 600RMK 136" (hers)
http://www.getsomeperformance.com/
http://www.performancetruckproducts.com/

Home of the Free because of the Brave
Richracer1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2010, 02:43 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
Waldo
Supporting Member

I've got a job offer from a buddy to start hauling campers. $1.15 loaded mile and no empty loads coming home. Pretty much delivering campers to Texas and then hauling horse/gooseneck trailers home. He offered because I can't go to real work yet but I'm thinking I could make some cash in the meantime.
oxeicher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2010, 04:07 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Jump on that, it's a good deal....as long as you don't get screwed with sharing insurance costs.
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"

Hook'em_Horns! is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2010, 10:56 AM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

Hot shots are huge here in Grande Prairie, the market is flooded if you have any oil industry in your area at all go the shops and get on their vendor list. I use 4 different companies year round and they charge some good money but the oil company pays. I have called up to 8 trucks ranging form 1 tonnes to 40 tonne pickers and 53' highboys in one night. If there is a market and no service it should pay well but be prepared to work all hours of the night and get calls 24hrs a day if you do oil work.

Later
Phil
Silver Birtch,08 LMM, CC, Air Hawk Stainless Mud Flaps, Iron Cross boards, Kenwood/Hertz/Audison, BF Xenon 8000K HID's, BMF M80's, Ready Lift, tonneau cover, Airaid intake, Firestone air bags, Egde CTS guage, EFI live DSP5 and MBRP 4"
http://duramaxtuner.com
http://performancetruckproducts.com/
Phild101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2010, 11:06 AM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)

Lots of Hot Shot work here in PA and WV. They are drilling like mad into the Marcellus shale right now. Like Phil said though, it aint no 9-5 or 5 day a week job.
03 GMC LB7, CCSB 4x4, Honed turbo mouthpiece, dual 6" stacks, Suncoast stage 4 w/ deep pan, sleeves, braces, straight center link, Isspro EGT and 60 psi Boost gauges w/ Aeroforce scan guage, 3" lift, custom ladder bars designed by me, Ranchhand bumper, Recon cab lights, Amsoil and Royal Purple throughout.
EFI Live by Rob w/ DSP 5/MITUSA lift pump,Pro Fab manifolds+pipes, headstuds, 45% sticks, stocker/S475

12.27 @ 110.55 mph w/ 1.75 60'
meanmachine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.