hard downshift into 1st - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Transmission Shop Discuss the Allison OEM, aftermarket, and the ZF-6.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2011, 02:18 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

hard downshift into 1st

Last night I was comin back from hunting and had just left the woods and taken it out of 4wdand about 2 miles later I came to a stop sign and as I stopped it shifted hard down to first. I stopped and checked everything out and nothin seemed wrong from what I could tell. It did it one more time about 3 miles down the road but after that it stopped. Hasn't done it since. What could this be? And should be concerned since it stopped

Sold: 04.5 LLY ccsb 4x4 ,ppe tuner, 5 inch mbrp straight with black 6 inch tip,Profab DP, Kodiak MP, autometer Egt and boost gauges,resonator box removed, shimmed, ported, routed, blocked, Bilstien 5100's, Cognitio UCA's, Kryponite Tie rods, HID's 3k, 6k, and 10k
usmc-dmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2011, 02:28 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
Stupid Has The Balls
Supporting Member

Mine does it when I have it in tow/haul and stop very quickly.

Some Expensive Parts, Good Times, Busted Knuckles, Long Nights and Fancy Gauges So I Can Watch While I Blow Things Up

Special Thanks To Ben Tyler at BT DieselWorks, LLC. For All The Help and Hard Work

Odyssey25013 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.