Transmission Roar - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Transmission Shop Discuss the Allison OEM, aftermarket, and the ZF-6.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2012, 06:55 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Transmission Roar

I have an 06' GMC Duramax Diesel LBZ with 6 spd. Allison transmission. It makes a roaring noise when the truck has been warmed up and being driven. It sound like mud tires but that is not the problem. It started doing this the warmer it got outside. Checked the fluid levels and that check out ok. It almost feels like it is not going into overdrive. When I slow down and it downshifts the noise is still there. What do you think the problem is. Thanks
paulpsch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2012, 07:51 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
DF Sponsors

Check your fan clutch.
Mike L. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2012, 09:59 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporting Member

Like Mike L says, When I first got my LMM The fan kicked in and it was "holy shit" what is that as it roared. YUP, just the fan kicking in. Mine does it sometimes when I first start up and on long pulls up the mountains.
2008 LMM 1 ton drw crew 4x4. Iron Bull front bumper w/12,000 mile marker wench, PIAA lights, mag hy-tech trans and rear deff pans, 285s w/ rear spacers, fass fuel pump, XX performance duel filters, Banks air intake, AFE bladerunner intake manifold and turbo downpipe, PCV re-route, Supersteer tierods, leveling kit, 58gal transflow replacement tank, firestone air bags.
prier5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.