ZF6 clutch pedal problem - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Transmission Shop Discuss the Allison OEM, aftermarket, and the ZF-6.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2012, 08:51 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

ZF6 clutch pedal problem

I have a 04 with the LB7 and the ZF6 manual tranny, i also have a lift with 35's. I just got a +80 and +100 efi live tune for the truck today and everytime that i really lay into it, mash the gas and than go to shift, the pedal sticks closer to the floor. It does not stick all the way to the floor and it still functions correctly put the pedal feels harder to push and is really close to the floor. When this happens i reach down and pull the acuator rod back closer to the clutch pedal and it goes back to normal unless i really mash the gas and shift. The truck also has 120,000 and it is the stock clutch, and my flud level is good for the master cylender. it has never happened untill i got this tune.

2004 Silverado 2500HD RCLB LB7 With ZF-6
EFI Live by Duramaxtuner, DSP5 Switch
Banks Ram-Air Intake, 5'' Straight Pipe
South Bend DD
Air Dog 165
PPE Boost Valve
Pro Fab Intake Horn
Glow Shift Boost + EGT Guages
Zone 6in Lift
315/75R16 Baha Claw TTCs
o3gerber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2012, 02:28 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

From my understanding, the stock clutch is doing good to be holding the stock power, but your throwing a 80hp and 100hp tune at it. I wanna bet that it has something to do with the clutch slipping and getting hot. Especially being that it only started doing it when you got the tunes and only happens when you get into it. Clutch assembly cools off and everything works fine again. Thats my guess. So your probably gonna need to upgrade from that stock clutch and dual-mass flywheel. Southbend Clutches are the most talked about. Valair is another brand.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent while driving.....
Motor Died 4/17/14.....400K Miles

ARIZONA DIESEL CLUB
Find Our "Cult" Here
Chavez91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2012, 03:34 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

mine does the same thing on stock tune. doesnt slip at all, but after a hard gear pull or 3 it likes to stay down. i was thinking maybe flush the fluid and replace, rebleed and see what happens. my camaro did the same thing and it was a common problem. had to drill out the openings in the stainless hose going from the MC to the SC.
5" Straight Pipe
Edge CTS
ADII
Efi Live by Idaho Rob
Southbend ceramic DD
Nicktane CAT filter

More to come... Meth, Trac Bars
Milk_Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2012, 03:47 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

I am in the process of saving up for a clutch because both tunes slip it now so it could be like you said about heating up. I am gonna take it easy on her till i get a new clutch, a new pedal assembly and see where i am at. Thanks for the input guys

Sent from my C771 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

2004 Silverado 2500HD RCLB LB7 With ZF-6
EFI Live by Duramaxtuner, DSP5 Switch
Banks Ram-Air Intake, 5'' Straight Pipe
South Bend DD
Air Dog 165
PPE Boost Valve
Pro Fab Intake Horn
Glow Shift Boost + EGT Guages
Zone 6in Lift
315/75R16 Baha Claw TTCs
o3gerber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2012, 05:51 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

I don't think you need a new pedal assembly but definitely replace the slave cylinder while you are in there. You won't regret doing a dual disc either!
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.