another cooler line question.... - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Transmission Shop Discuss the Allison OEM, aftermarket, and the ZF-6.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 08:48 AM   eBay Motors  #11 (permalink)

Did you make them out hydraulic hose also? Do you remember the lengths?
mpeters0991 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 10:04 AM   eBay Motors  #12 (permalink)

No, I decided to order mine from CA because the hassle wasn't worth it. Came put together for $175 and fit perfect. They are good guys and take care of you + they use Parker hose. I drove to Key West from Va with the trailer and no leaks found. Pulling GVW 18500 at 65 MPH down 95 got me 11.5 MPG with the Edge set in position 3. It uses too much in 2.
Fishing in Fl Keys for 3 weeks.
Passin Thru is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 10:19 AM   eBay Motors  #13 (permalink)

Just order MadMax Diesels. Get some stuff called Elephant hide from an Aviation supply and wrap the abrasion points with it adn tie wraps.
Passin Thru is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 10:25 AM   eBay Motors  #14 (permalink)

I had The local Parker Hose guys braze some AN buds on the factory lines and fab up some hoses with fittings to replace the rubber. Same concept as the compression fittings just with the AN ends. They said they couldn't get the metal lines on their equipment to just crimp the hoses on. Anyway, it works fine and after re-installing them I'm glad I did it that way. Routing those lines was a PITA.
I'm sure I paid too much though...

2006 Jetta TDI (daily driver)
eric-satx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 08:23 PM   eBay Motors  #15 (permalink)

okay. just noticed my lines are leaking now and looking for a kit but can not find any for an 02. any buddy seen any or am i just missing them?
2014 Chevy 2500HD LML. BLACK. 5% window tint all around and windshield, recon cab lights, bmf repr 20x9 0 offset, 305/50/20 nitto terra grapplers, s and b cai, pcv reroute, resonator delete, nicktane adapter with cat filter,more to come
old truck: 2002 chevy 2500HD decked out

www.performancetruckproducts.com
modoh123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 08:39 PM   eBay Motors  #16 (permalink)

Merchant for one Transmission Cooler Line Repair Kit - LB7 / LLY

Old 12-01-2012, 08:46 PM   eBay Motors  #17 (permalink)

Or all season: LB7/LLY 2001-2005 3-Line Trans Line Repair Kit [LB7/LLY 2001-2005] - $225.00 : All Season Diesel Performance, Your Duramax diesel performance headquarters by Tony Burkhard owner of the Dirty Hooker

I can't find any of the full hose kits for the LB7 either.

Old 12-01-2012, 09:30 PM   eBay Motors  #18 (permalink)

thanks buddy! man they are proud of those things. looks like they are using just compression fittings. wonder what the size of the cooler line is and maybe could find some fittings and hose from summit or jegs. im not really familiar with the hydraulic sizes. like the stainless steel idea though
2014 Chevy 2500HD LML. BLACK. 5% window tint all around and windshield, recon cab lights, bmf repr 20x9 0 offset, 305/50/20 nitto terra grapplers, s and b cai, pcv reroute, resonator delete, nicktane adapter with cat filter,more to come

Old 12-01-2012, 09:36 PM   eBay Motors  #19 (permalink)

I must be lucky,ive abused mine changed motors 4 differant times had the rad out a few time trans out a few times and never a leak on them.
04 CCSB LB7 IIs483 over IIs366,carillos,cut and coated lb7 slugs,ported heads,RDL downpipe uppipes manifolds ,efi live with dsp5,Big Dipper stage 4,4 inch out the back, ram air keystone hood,US Speedoo fox racing shocks cluster,rolling on hummers,and wraped in silverbirch. And some wicked tunning from Bo-Bo (Bob Olson)
11.64 @117
Originally Posted by hllbllylmsne
Sounds like you screwed up the seat to steering wheel linkage, no real fix for it, sorry
blacksmokelb7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 10:15 PM   eBay Motors  #20 (permalink)

okay did some research. i need to know what the exact OD of the tranny lines are. i think 1/2" but not sure. can use AN to tube adapters and than -8 hose ends. i only could find the stainless steel line in -8 and the compression fitting in -8. no -10. they do make -10 hose and fittings if it is a 5/8 tube. what you guys think? be way cheaper that way too!!!!

Last edited by modoh123; 12-01-2012 at 10:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.