My experience with Big Dipper - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Transmission Shop Discuss the Allison OEM, aftermarket, and the ZF-6.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 11:31 AM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

My experience with Big Dipper

I wanted to thank George at Big Dipper. He built my trans two weeks ago and it shifts awesome. I pull regularly, and my trans used to limp going uphill in Oklahoma in my tow tune without a trailer, but no more! my trans doesn't hesitate going up a steep grade with a 14,000 lb goose neck. He put aside a Saturday to build my transmission, and i got it back Sunday morning to head back home. thanks again George, you do amazing work! I would recommend his transmissions to anyone. He custom builds for any application and his customer service is unmatched.
05 LLY cclb- full s&b intake, 4" exhaust, tie rod sleeves, cognito braces, EGR block, PPE fuel valve, fass lift pump, EFI live tuned by Danville Performance, pump rub fix, MA trans brace, Big Dipper stage IV trans
poberly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2012, 03:03 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

bump for an awesome transmission.
05 LLY cclb- full s&b intake, 4" exhaust, tie rod sleeves, cognito braces, EGR block, PPE fuel valve, fass lift pump, EFI live tuned by Danville Performance, pump rub fix, MA trans brace, Big Dipper stage IV trans

Last edited by poberly; 12-04-2012 at 12:07 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:11 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

do built trans in allisons shift smooth like stock? I have only had built transmission dodges and they were pretty rough?
20" xd wheels 265/60/20 Goodyear wranglers 5" turbo back exhaust EFI live tuning by Ridge Runner diesel Fass titanium 95gph Alligator performance resonator plug Edge CTS Insight ATS Co-pilot PPE deep trans pan Alligator performance tranny cooler lines Garret 4094avnt Pro-fab downpipe

http://performancetruckproducts.com/
Duramax19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2012, 03:51 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duramax19 View Post
do built trans in allisons shift smooth like stock? I have only had built transmission dodges and they were pretty rough?
I had an 01 cummins with a built transmission, and the allison is nothing like it. My dmax shifts just like stock, except it handles all the powa. I went with a different torque converter so I feel it lock up, but its nothing like my old dodge. With the mods in your sig id say your probably going to need a trans soon yourself.

Last edited by poberly; 11-14-2012 at 03:54 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:01 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

Yea I'm thinking merchant automotive this summer
20" xd wheels 265/60/20 Goodyear wranglers 5" turbo back exhaust EFI live tuning by Ridge Runner diesel Fass titanium 95gph Alligator performance resonator plug Edge CTS Insight ATS Co-pilot PPE deep trans pan Alligator performance tranny cooler lines Garret 4094avnt Pro-fab downpipe

Old 11-14-2012, 04:06 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by poberly View Post
I had an 01 cummins with a built transmission, and the allison is nothing like it. My dmax shifts just like stock, except it handles all the powa. I went with a different torque converter so I feel it lock up, but its nothing like my old dodge. With the mods in your sig id say your probably going to need a trans soon yourself.
I cant believe your tranny is still in one piece lol.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:09 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

My truck gets driven very easily. Has never been on my top tune. Usually on a 70 hp tune. And tow on a 20 over tune. My truck goes WOT maybe 1 time every 3 months lol

Old 11-14-2012, 04:12 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

If youd like, pm me and ill give you george's number. He does great work and is real reasonable on the price.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:14 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

I would go to him but since he is on the east coast that is very far from me. Merchant is only like 5 hrs away

Old 11-14-2012, 04:16 PM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)

Fleece is in indiana.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.