Allison 1000 coolant line size - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Transmission Shop Discuss the Allison OEM, aftermarket, and the ZF-6.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2013, 03:57 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Allison 1000 coolant line size

Does any one know the exact size of the coolant inlet and outlet on an allison 1000. im looking to replace my steel lines with braided so i have more reliable flexibility for coolers. (better flow, better cooler, better time )
K&N intake, FASS 150gph, BD wastegate, banks monster exhaust, Flowmaster DP, DRP horn, Built trans, t-case rub kit, custom sleeves/ trac bars, autometer boost & pyrometer guages, SSBC front brakes, Amsoil front to back.....amsoil dealer
Injectors and EFI Live By Wade Boyd @ Diesel Day Dreams....Ill get 600rwhp with an IHI or blow up trying....maybe ill just get a turbo.
willmonte72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2013, 04:15 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Alligator already has a hydraulic hose kit their selling to fix this.

10.57 @ 133.88mph -5750lbs

Arizona Diesel Club

2014 Chevy Cruze TD 2.0 DD
lowstroke23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2013, 04:48 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

i found the kit for the 6-10 duramax on alligator but the lines are for a lbz and lmm factory cooler. and they wouldnt flow as much as braided, and are more expensive.
K&N intake, FASS 150gph, BD wastegate, banks monster exhaust, Flowmaster DP, DRP horn, Built trans, t-case rub kit, custom sleeves/ trac bars, autometer boost & pyrometer guages, SSBC front brakes, Amsoil front to back.....amsoil dealer
Injectors and EFI Live By Wade Boyd @ Diesel Day Dreams....Ill get 600rwhp with an IHI or blow up trying....maybe ill just get a turbo.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:51 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

All season diesel sells a kit.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
5" DE, rerouted, debadged, demolded, air dog, stock fuel

Big thanks, Duramaxtuner.com & Kory Willis @ PPEI
TakeEm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2013, 04:54 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

i installed the Alligator trans cooler line kit and its a damn nice product if i do say so.
Magnaflow 5" straight pipe, Magnaflow 3" DP, AEM CAI, EFILive by Idaho Rob atptrucks.com, ADII 165, BT lockup box, CTS Insight, Nicktane/CAT, boost increase valve, RDL intake horn, LML manifold, Rare Parts HD tierods, Allseason brace, 3/5 drop, 60" traction bars, MA pumprub fix, Alligator trans cooler lines. LMM 17"s on 265 Nitto Terragraps
OregonDMAX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2013, 04:55 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

they have a kit for the 01-05 but you have to call, why do you need so much flow, they flow plenty its not going to make a difference
Magnaflow 5" straight pipe, Magnaflow 3" DP, AEM CAI, EFILive by Idaho Rob atptrucks.com, ADII 165, BT lockup box, CTS Insight, Nicktane/CAT, boost increase valve, RDL intake horn, LML manifold, Rare Parts HD tierods, Allseason brace, 3/5 drop, 60" traction bars, MA pumprub fix, Alligator trans cooler lines. LMM 17"s on 265 Nitto Terragraps
OregonDMAX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2013, 04:57 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

Installed the alligator performance lines on my 6-speed, easy to do and you get rid of the rubber to metal GM crimps that always leak

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Whitemax2006 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2013, 05:01 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

Im trying to get more flow because i drive my truck for up to 18 hrs a day constant, so im trying to get more fluid through the cooler faster to try and keep it from heating up at idle, stop go traffic, etc..... that and with braided lines i have more options of coolers. right now i have the ppe cooler and it keeps me at the 80-100 degree above ambient range, but if idle too long in traffic it heats up quick
Old 07-20-2013, 05:06 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by willmonte72 View Post
Im trying to get more flow because i drive my truck for up to 18 hrs a day constant, so im trying to get more fluid through the cooler faster to try and keep it from heating up at idle, stop go traffic, etc..... that and with braided lines i have more options of coolers. right now i have the ppe cooler and it keeps me at the 80-100 degree above ambient range, but if idle too long in traffic it heats up quick
The Allison will run 100 degrees over ambient.

I think your theory of flowing more with bigger/braided hoses, isn't helping you. A bigger cooler is going to help you.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
5" DE, rerouted, debadged, demolded, air dog, stock fuel

Big thanks, Duramaxtuner.com & Kory Willis @ PPEI
TakeEm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2013, 05:12 PM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)

yeah, thats one of the other reasons why i wanted to switch to braided. so that i can run a monster of a trans cooler in the grill with flexibility, or make it a ton easier to plumb up doubles. I considered mounting a cooler with a fan on the underside, but muddy roads, and snow arent the best for those lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.