Autozone / Orielly rebuilt transmissions - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Transmission Shop Discuss the Allison OEM, aftermarket, and the ZF-6.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2013, 02:31 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporting Member

Autozone / Orielly rebuilt transmissions

Has anyone tried or heard about the rebuilt Allisons from Autozone or Orielly? Autozone has 2 options for my 2005 - $2799 and $3499 and both have 3 yr warranty. Orielly has one for $2959 with 2 yr warranty. They all seem a little high for a rebuilt stock tranny. I'm really looking for a used unit that I can stick in and then trade it on a LBZ or LMM.
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2013, 02:39 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Maybe Wal-Mart or Jiffy Lube has a cheaper one-! OK had to post that-. Sure almost anyone can replace the clutches in an Allison, but will it take abuse-- what do you do if there are problems-- take it out and send it back-??Don't cheap-out on a rebuilt Allison.

For a little more, you can get it removed-rebuilt with quality parts, and upgraded to hold more power. And it will last-! Only have a qualified Allison person rebuild it. Many Forum Supporting Vendors are listed in the Vendor list, and they know how to upgrade and build a quality trans. Well worth the extra dollars.
Chevy 04.5 LLY, 2X, shell, XDR, MikeL Heavy duty up-grade, 6spd, TransGo, deep pan, de-badged, 65 Gallon replacement Aero tank, LBZ-mp, Kennedy pump, shimmed, Pre-fuel filter, tow mirrors, BU cam, gauges, GPS, Sirius, bags, custom grille, fender vents, HD trans cooler- Curt front hitch, footwell lights, load lights, Studs, head gaskets.--- Jerry

Last edited by jc1843; 08-07-2013 at 02:42 PM.
jc1843 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2013, 03:32 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

Call Mike L in Inglewood. He'll treat you right
04.5 LLY, afe mouthpiece, Banks intake, MBRP 4" exhaust, Diamond eye downpipe, EFI by Rob, AirdogII, EGR delete, nicktane adaptor, breather reroute, pump rub fix, 4" RCD lift, Batmowheel, tranny by Mike L
tjwolf31 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2013, 04:25 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporting Member

Yeah I dont think I could stomach putting in a parts store rebuild but I was just curious if anyone had ever heard about them or used them. I have talked to Jim at Texas performance diesel about 30 miles from me about rebuilding mine. Probably will go that route unless I can find a good used one for a reasonable price.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:31 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

I would to to a reputable transmission shop or get a new factory one from the chevy dealer. Cost more? Heck yes. But atleat you know what you have.
FarmerJon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2013, 07:19 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

If your trying to save money Suncaost has an economy series, Suncoast Economy Series. I would feel like I was wasting my money buying a tranny from a parts store.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:52 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
I'm That Guy...

You might save a few dollars installed and get a BUILT trans.

CLICK TO READ: FORUM RULES OR DF STAFF!

Thank you Rob Coddens (Idaho Rob), Dustin @ ATP, Scott @ SDP, Kory Willis, and Mike L. for all of your help!

05 LLY CCSB 4wd - Mods coming (Truck Love from ATP Trucks and Copperhead Diesel expected soon)
SOLD: 05 LLY, 05 LLY, 09 LMM, 02 LB7

Build Threads : 2005 Chevy Silverado | 1978 Ford Bronco (Sister Site)
TDFDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.