Delayed Shift on LML - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Transmission Shop Discuss the Allison OEM, aftermarket, and the ZF-6.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2013, 02:28 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Delayed Shift on LML

So I have 25k miles on the truck, and it's only been tuned for about 3,000. Today I noticed when I started the truck up and was trying to pull out of a parking space, it was taking several seconds for it to shift from reverse to drive. I played with it a little in the parking lot, and it did it consistently. Once I got home, I tried it again and it was fine. What I am worried about is, I had a car that did something similar, slipped until the fluid built up, then ran ok, but the tranny then went out not long after.

I am REALLY worried that there is something wrong and I JUST tuned the damn thing, so I find it hard to believe that it was a tuning issue, but you know they automatically void the warranty (even though that's a federal law that they can't auto void it).

Any suggestions, thoughts or advice?
Next mod-lift pump, then wheels and tires
Troponin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2013, 03:07 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Don't base previous car auto experiences on anything the Allison does....or doesn't. It's unlike any car trans.

Note: You can move the shifter up top, but you're just 'requesting' a command. It's up to the TCM as to when or if your request is followed thru on. It consistently learns and makes changes depending on how you drive, what you tow, changes in tuning, wear of parts, etc.

It was probably nothing, just a bit of confusion to work out. I wouldn't worry about it unless it keeps returning.
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"

Hook'em_Horns! is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2013, 03:18 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook'em_Horns! View Post
Don't base previous car auto experiences on anything the Allison does....or doesn't. It's unlike any car trans.

Note: You can move the shifter up top, but you're just 'requesting' a command. It's up to the TCM as to when or if your request is followed thru on. It consistently learns and makes changes depending on how you drive, what you tow, changes in tuning, wear of parts, etc.

It was probably nothing, just a bit of confusion to work out. I wouldn't worry about it unless it keeps returning.
Thanks! That's a big relief. I will keep in mind that the Allison might act differently from time to time.
Next mod-lift pump, then wheels and tires
Troponin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2013, 03:24 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
most known unknown
Lifetime Supporting Member

hook 'em horns in my hero

Currently Lower Than Stock Height On 35s and 22s...
jwcgmc1985 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.