Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Leaking Transmission Cooler Lines

160K views 147 replies 71 participants last post by  68Ss 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Okay, I did the forum search and read through a lot of threads about home made fixes. Hasn't been any new threads in quite some time and never came across anyone that is actually marketing a fix. So...

I have one line leaking at the crimp. It is the line running into the radiator coming from the tranny. The other two are not leaking yet. So questions are:

Is anybody marketing a fix for this or do we all have to resort to factory replacement or a modification at the local hydraulics shop? What has been the preferred method of upgrade? I have seen people referring to push-lok, compression fittings, etc. What has everyone been using? Thanks in advance.

Travis

Click Here: http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/husker-diesel/78584-leaking-trans-cooler-lines.html

#144 ·
Two of the lines I used a tubing cutter just before the crimp and took to local Hoses and Fittings. Had them make a hose and two compression fittings to take up what I cut out. The other line I had to take off because I couldn't get the cutter on one end. Should last alot longer then the factory hoses. At work they replace them with factory hoses and they only last about 60,000 miles and start leaking again. My truck only had 24,000 miles when they started leaking. Only have 33,000 miles now.

#145 ·
Alligator performance makes replacement lines just for this. The cheap one are 200 bucks and the heavy duty ones are 250. Heard good things.

#146 ·
alligator performance parts makes a upgrade kit maybe not cheapest rout but they are good you can get 1/2" or 5/8"

#148 ·
I have 75,000 on my set from Alligator Performance. No issues. I installed the 5/8 lines.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.