Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Hard to shift into and out of gear / Park

6K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  dirtbikeseller 
#1 ·
Hey All,
just wrote this all out now I gotta due it again, some kind of failure with the spell ckeck so forgive me if I spell something wrong!!! Anyway I am having issues with my shift level moving really hard. I have done a search but shift cable and NSBU switch is all that comes up. The cable has already been replaced and before I spend more money I would just like to check with you guys. The shift lever is now somewhat sloppy I believe due to the hard shifting so I believe a mechanism is in order. I do get an occasional "OUT of Range/inhibited" on the indicator but believe that is due to the Sloppy lever. should I check the cable install? remove the cable from the trans and see how it works? is there any way to test the NSBU switch? Could it be something else? solenoid? / valve? I have had a few tranny codes but due, I believe, mainly to too much power to a stock trans, PO700, Trans control system malf, PO735, Gear 5 incorrect ratio, PO746, pressure control solenoid performance or stuck off. I have not had the trans serviced yet but will be soon. new filters and torque drive fluid. Any help/ suggestions would be great! Thanks Warren

#2 ·
I assume you are talking Allison? Sounds like you know enough without help but incase I spill something you have not come across.. heres my 2 cents worh...
My Allison manual says your P0735 could indicate a hydraulically failed solenoid. P0746 if the turbo speed > 60 RPM AND Output speed > 125 means slippage so Pressure Control Solenoid aint doing its job. nothing you don't know really but I'm still reading...

#3 ·
It goes on to mention the park/Neutral switch or selector could be out of adjustment (have re-adjust instructions) A/B solenoid failure, turbine or output speed sensor failure...
so, again, sounds like you are on the right track. If you have any specific questions I can look up, fire away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.