Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

ALLISON 1000 Transmission Recommendations Brochure.

39K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  duratothemax 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I am listing this because there is SO much heated debate about what is recommended for use in the Allison 1000 transmission in our trucks. I have come across a brochure that I think will help.

Feel free to discuss, bash, kick, scream, fight and generally cause all kind of hate and discontent about the fact that Torque Drive is not mentioned in the brochure.:rof

I have used it for years, even before actually having an account at all with them. When I found out that I could have their products wholesale I went for the Dealer account because it was only $10 more per year and the account has more than paid for the fluid maintenance on my own vehicles. So the way I see it, for me personally, being a dealer is simply a way for me to have my regular maintenance and the products I use to pay for themselves. You talk about saving money...lol Either way, the brochure is here for everyone to know the facts about the fluids recommended for their Allison 1000 Transmission.

Hope this helps a bit!

God Bless

Chris

Allison 1000 Fluid and Interval Recommendations Brochure

See less See more
#2 ·
One question on this subject I have is when I change spin on filters. Does it matter if I add Dex IV if there is Dex III in there? I also have leaky transmission lines and until this gets fixed I need to add a little bit.

#5 ·
I just saw you have an 07 with the six speed. It does not have DexIII in it, it is Dex VI you probably do not want to mix the two in a six speed.

#4 ·
No, the DEX VI is an upgraded fluid that is better than DEXIII so using it will not harm anything.
Dex VI is full synthetic though. Is it ok to mix the two??I am just asking because I do not know.
Also If I had a tranny leak and had to keep adding fluid I would certainly use the DexIII if it was in there to begin with just because of cost. Heck I have used DexIII in power steering pumps that had leaks in them as well.

#9 ·
Thanks for clarifying that last part. I just went to go crawl under the truck to find mine was 6321060552, and was a little freaked out because my number didn't fall between the two, and even checked my manual stating DexVI was fine to use. At least now I know I have a Baltimore built tranny...

#10 ·
does the 6 speed allison in my 08 have dexVI in it from the factory

#11 · (Edited)
Yes! They started using Dextron VI around 06.

#12 ·
Dex VI isnt a good idea to use in late 06MY and earlier allisons. It hardens/wears out the seals over time. IMHO on MY06 and earlier allisons, either Dex III or any compatible TES-295 fluid (transynd, mobil 1, citgo quatrasyn, amsoil, etc). This is what Mike reccomends...not to speak for him, but he is not a big fan of Dex VI (in the allison).

ben

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.