Allison Trany problems, need some help. - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Transmission Shop Discuss the Allison OEM, aftermarket, and the ZF-6.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2008, 04:18 PM   eBay Motors  #11 (permalink)

Allright, when I got home today, the first thing I did was hook up my truck to a code reader that I got from a buddy from work. I got the following codes, twice on the same reading...

P0700 Transmission Control System
P0708 Transmission Range Sensor Circuit High Input

Any ideas?
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2008, 04:32 PM   eBay Motors  #12 (permalink)

Like i thought..........NSBU aka: Transmission Range sensor!!! If its new, it just needs to be aligned.
P0700 is just the code from the TCM to the ECM to turn on the Check engine light.

New motor in the works as we speak with lots of goodies!!!

Last edited by BryanVilaubi; 06-06-2008 at 11:02 AM.
BryanVilaubi is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2008, 06:07 PM   eBay Motors  #13 (permalink)

Well, Ill got try and reallign it, and get back to guys. thanks
Old 03-14-2008, 07:29 PM   eBay Motors  #14 (permalink)

VICTORY...
Well, I realligned the NSBU switch a little bit, and it was still not working. So I took the code reader, hooked it up again to see the codes, then just for the hell of it, I erased the codes on the truck, and it worked fine. Now granted Im new to alot of this electronic crap on these vehicles, so I didnt really know what I was doing, but with your guy's help, and a little imagination, we got 'er fixed. Thanks guys.

Next Ill worry about the grinding from the transfer whenever Iam in 4x4. But its done snowing, so atleast I can drive my truck again.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:31 AM   eBay Motors  #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duramaxdeere View Post
Alright, it started with going into limp mode (3rd, nuetral,reverse) now and then. Usually just shutting off the engine and starting it again fixed it, but now its stuck there. I read some of the other threads on here, thought it was the NSBU switch, so I got a new one (the tan one) and installed it. Took it out for a test drive, still no luck. The gear indicator is blank on the dash. I mean, it has the gears lit up, but no cursor underneath telling me which gear Im in. I have had no messages on the screen, just loss of gears and no cursor. If anyone has any ideas, feel free to fill me in.
the same thing has happened to me a few times, and by the way i only have an extra 90 hp at the flywheel and i don't rip her too too hard, other then the tuner my truck is bone stock and i've already had the tranny replaced about 15-20k ago(even tho my original was perfect, its a long story) i got a code for transmission pressure solenoid circuit, and the code was for 5th ratio/gear???? does anyone know what that means? should i try realligning the NSBU switch on the side of the tranny? a mechanic also told me that that code usually means that the circuit for 5th gear solenoid is faulty...frayed wire etc.
mr.mincas is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2008, 09:48 AM   eBay Motors  #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.mincas View Post
the same thing has happened to me a few times, and by the way i only have an extra 90 hp at the flywheel and i don't rip her too too hard, other then the tuner my truck is bone stock and i've already had the tranny replaced about 15-20k ago(even tho my original was perfect, its a long story) i got a code for transmission pressure solenoid circuit, and the code was for 5th ratio/gear???? does anyone know what that means? should i try realligning the NSBU switch on the side of the tranny? a mechanic also told me that that code usually means that the circuit for 5th gear solenoid is faulty...frayed wire etc.
my truck
03 LB7 EC/SB 5spd allison
mr.mincas is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.