Allison slipping? - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Transmission Shop Discuss the Allison OEM, aftermarket, and the ZF-6.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2010, 09:15 PM   eBay Motors  #11 (permalink)

When did you last replace your fuel filter?
3inch turbo back (4inch soon)
134k running strong
stpierres is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2010, 09:29 PM   eBay Motors  #12 (permalink)

About 1000 miles ago. Change fuel filter every 10k.
09 2500 CCSB / Black granite metallic|-|SDP Twins (Metallic Blue)|-|30% Injectors|-|ARP Head Studs|-|SoCal Pushrods|-|EFI Live Tuned By MCS Diesel|-|PPE Stage V trans|-|FASS Platinum 95gph|-| 5" Turbo back Magnaflow|-|Triple pillar gauge/Cobalt (Boost-Pyro-Rail)|-|Kryptonite Center link|-|Kryptonite Tie Rods|-|Cognito PISK|-|

Cognito UCA + keys|-|20" XD Spy|-|Nitto Dune Grappler 305/55/20|-|HID 8k Lows, 8k Highs, 3k Fogs|-|Air Lift 5000 air bags|-|
orangeslices430 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2010, 09:56 PM   eBay Motors  #13 (permalink)
Word Up
Lifetime Supporting Member

Have you done a transmission relearn after the H&S? This almost sounds like the trans hasn't learned yet... How long ago snce you installed the tuner.

I very highly doubt your trans is on it's way out.

LMM Twinz N sum shyt ATP Tuned

02 LB7 to be EFI'd this week.

Last edited by cainer70; 06-18-2010 at 09:58 PM.
cainer70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2010, 07:58 AM   eBay Motors  #14 (permalink)

Ya, I did a relearn about a day after I put it on the truck which was about 3-4 weeks ago.

When I would start to accelerate from a stop it shifts great, its just when I would get on it pretty good at about 55-60mph, it felt like i was taking my foot off the pedal then getting back on it really quick. the truck would lay down for a split second then start to accelerate again and would keep doing this numerous times in a row.

From what I have read if you limp your trans you will get a code and only run in 3rd gear, or did I read that wrong?

Im having a hard time describing it so sorry about the weird explanations.
09 2500 CCSB / Black granite metallic|-|SDP Twins (Metallic Blue)|-|30% Injectors|-|ARP Head Studs|-|SoCal Pushrods|-|EFI Live Tuned By MCS Diesel|-|PPE Stage V trans|-|FASS Platinum 95gph|-| 5" Turbo back Magnaflow|-|Triple pillar gauge/Cobalt (Boost-Pyro-Rail)|-|Kryptonite Center link|-|Kryptonite Tie Rods|-|Cognito PISK|-|

Cognito UCA + keys|-|20" XD Spy|-|Nitto Dune Grappler 305/55/20|-|HID 8k Lows, 8k Highs, 3k Fogs|-|Air Lift 5000 air bags|-|

Last edited by orangeslices430; 06-19-2010 at 08:24 AM.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:21 AM   eBay Motors  #15 (permalink)
Word Up
Lifetime Supporting Member

if you are describing a short pause type event happening you may be experiencing defuel between shifts.

LMM Twinz N sum shyt ATP Tuned

02 LB7 to be EFI'd this week.

cainer70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2010, 06:12 PM   eBay Motors  #16 (permalink)

I just installed a ppe standard level 3 on my 06 lbz... i never noticed any shifting problems when it was stock. Now i notice the same lagging shifting problems. Could this be the extra power has just made it noticeable, and its just a fuel filter/pressure drop problem?

www.getsomeperformance.com
Mwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2010, 06:29 PM   eBay Motors  #17 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

it is called defueling, it does it between shifts to save the transmission, if you take defuel off a stock trans it wont last very long!!!
Old 07-09-2010, 07:32 PM   eBay Motors  #18 (permalink)

The problem really only occurs when I get on it somewhat but normal driving the problem doesn't occur. Im going with a built trans and lift pump here in the next couple months so hopefully this will fix the problem running on any tune.

Old 07-10-2010, 10:18 AM   eBay Motors  #19 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

your not hitting limp mode,im pretty sure a code definatly is thrown when it hits limp mode.and you cant go very fast at all when ur in limp mode,i think you can only go like 35?..you have to shut the truck off i belive and reset the code and it will be fine after that.but that means once you limp it,you put a glaze on the clutches.therefore it will only be easier and easier to limp when u hammer on it.It doesnt sound like you have limped it,there are ppl on here running pretty big tunes and hammer down alot and havnt limped there trans yet.probably de-fueling like said.
Big dipper IV Trans and precision converter
Efilive tuned by Tony Martino(Moonshine)
12.95@103.5 w/1.79 60'
devo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.