Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Rear ABS Code C0055

28K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  fc8464 
#1 ·
In my '04 2500HD My ABS light comes on intermittently, Code Reader tells me C0055 is rear ABS sensor. So I replaced the Rear Speed/ABS sensor in the Transfer Case but no luck still getting intermittent ABS light.

Read this can be a wiring problem so unplugged and re-plugged ABS harness connectors I could find and cleaned up the ground wires under drivers door near Cab Mount, but still no luck.

This is also affecting my cruise control as it seems to "hunt" around the set seed and won't stay constant.

Anybody solve this when it wasn't the ABS/Speed Sensor?

#3 ·
your fine Joe, don't sweat it.

#4 ·
Many have had transfer case problems-- "pump rub" where the pump rocks back and forth and wears a hole in the TC. Then the fluid leaks and burns the TC up. Check for excessive movement of the output shaft, and drain the TC and look for metal. The speed sensor for the trans is at the top rear of the TC. ABS, Cruise, speedo and trans use the speed information.

#5 ·
Thanks JC1843 - I changed the Transfer Case fluid. It was dark and definitely need of changing but no noticeable metallic shavings. I'll keep this in mind and check the output shaft for play.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.