How to fix Codes P0826-P0827??? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Transmission Shop Discuss the Allison OEM, aftermarket, and the ZF-6.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2011, 02:12 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

How to fix Codes P0826-P0827???

I was out the other day and stepped in to it a bit and got the old check engine light...These are the codes i got...P0826 Up and Down Shift Switch Circ.- P0827 Up and Down Shift Switch Circ Low..Were should i start to fix this prob.??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2011, 02:27 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
saw what you did there
Lifetime Supporting Member

Not much on 826, but here's a link for 827 site:duramaxforum.com P0827 - Google Search
6K Lows, 3K Fogs, Tint.
CLICK BEFORE YOU POST!

theunderlord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2011, 02:58 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
DF Sponsors

That is the up and down switch for your tap shifter in the steering column. Check ignotion 0 fuse.
Mike L. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2011, 05:23 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator

If the fuse is OK, you probably have a broken wire at the switch.

The wires are very small, and like the others in the column, they do break at times.

The wires may be broke, even though the insulation looks OK. You will need to check the circuit with a meter.
Chevy 04.5 LLY, 2X, shell, XDR, MikeL Heavy duty up-grade, 6spd, TransGo, deep pan, de-badged, 65 Gallon replacement Aero tank, LBZ-mp, Kennedy pump, shimmed, Pre-fuel filter, tow mirrors, BU cam, gauges, GPS, Sirius, bags, custom grille, fender vents, HD trans cooler- Curt front hitch, footwell lights, load lights, Studs, head gaskets.--- Jerry
jc1843 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2011, 07:36 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

hey sir i have right now that problem.... but what other issue this error afect the car? cuz when i ran over 45Mph its loke something is stoping the car doesnt run well when u quit the foot of the acelerator and also when u accelerate the rpm when stuck for a moment and then suddenly comes the forced shift
edgt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2013, 03:55 AM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

This was a great help thank you to all respondents. I found the orange wire that contained the four very thin wires, two black and two white. A black and white were already cut and the other two were soon to follow. The whole repair took less than an hour.

This site is fantastic.

Stock for now but looking for ideas
ppaintguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2013, 03:07 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

hey paint guy can you tell me where to find these wires in the steering column. i have that P0826 code and think thats the issue.
2006 Chevy LBZ RCLB 4x4. EGR delete with high flow Y bridge by HSP diesel. EFI live by HSP diesel. Trans go Jr shift kit, MBRP DP, 5in strait pipe to a MBRP 7" black miter cut stack, Modded factory air box with K&N, Custom PCV reroute,
all headlight mod, dual turn signal swap, 285/75/16 Cooper ATS 3 discovery powdered coated OEM wheels Plastic dipped pumpers, grill.
dirtymaxcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2013, 03:34 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Remove the lower steering column cover, look where the wires are held down at the column.
Chevy 04.5 LLY, 2X, shell, XDR, MikeL Heavy duty up-grade, 6spd, TransGo, deep pan, de-badged, 65 Gallon replacement Aero tank, LBZ-mp, Kennedy pump, shimmed, Pre-fuel filter, tow mirrors, BU cam, gauges, GPS, Sirius, bags, custom grille, fender vents, HD trans cooler- Curt front hitch, footwell lights, load lights, Studs, head gaskets.--- Jerry
jc1843 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2013, 05:03 AM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

There is what looks like an orange wire that you won't miss on the shifter side of the steering column. The orange wire is a case with 4 very thin wires in it and on mine two were broken most of the way through. I soldered them back together and fixed the other two at the same time to stop them from breaking the following week and then heat shrieked the repairs. So far so good.

Stock for now but looking for ideas
ppaintguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2013, 06:17 AM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)

Ok thanks for the help guys! I will look at it tonight when I get off of work. If you had to guess what is the gauge of the little wires that might be cut? I love this forum, I was going nuts trying to figure that CEL light!
2006 Chevy LBZ RCLB 4x4. EGR delete with high flow Y bridge by HSP diesel. EFI live by HSP diesel. Trans go Jr shift kit, MBRP DP, 5in strait pipe to a MBRP 7" black miter cut stack, Modded factory air box with K&N, Custom PCV reroute,
all headlight mod, dual turn signal swap, 285/75/16 Cooper ATS 3 discovery powdered coated OEM wheels Plastic dipped pumpers, grill.
dirtymaxcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.