Alligator Stage V Trans - Page 4 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Transmission Shop Discuss the Allison OEM, aftermarket, and the ZF-6.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2011, 11:21 AM   eBay Motors  #31 (permalink)
like a Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmax4life View Post
I'm glad to hear that its gonna be a pretty stout trans kit. I'm looking to buy either the PPE stage V or the alligator performance stage V kit.
either route you take you wont be disappointed. the main difference between the 2 is PPEs kit comes with a new apply piston and our kit machines down just the metal pressure plate. but if you got anymore questions other than what hasnt already been anwsered above let me know

edit: misunderstood info

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVRigRat05 View Post
Holton I can't get over 1/4 throttle in 5th any more I'm curious to see my clutches. my trucks so damn heavy it weighed 8480 at the scrap yard last week
your C3s sound like there about as black as Wesley Snipes
BIG Thanks to: IdahoRob, Mike L., Suncoast, BD Diesel, PPE, Fuel, S&B, Industrial Injection

Alligator Diesel Performance - 208-777-1977

Last edited by guytonLBZ; 05-10-2011 at 12:17 PM.
guytonLBZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2011, 11:24 AM   eBay Motors  #32 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporting Member

i appreciate it! i'm just ready to get this bad boy built and feel the true power i'm trying to lay down!!!
EFI Live by Kory Willis...MBRP 5in straight pipe axle dump...diamond eye down pipe….AFE mouthpiece...Volant CAI...Detroit Trutrac differential...Alpine 7" double din DVD/NAV...Power Bass amp, 2 - 12" Rockford Fosgate subs...Airdog 165...PCV re-route….Plugged…Blocked…Shimmed and Ported...Cognito UCA's and pitman/idler support...Kryptonite tierods...Blacked out LED tail lights and 3rd brake light...Remote start and alarm system...Glowshift pod and guages...tow mirrors installed...
stage V trans kit waiting to be installed

www.alligatorperformance.com
Dmax4life is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2011, 11:27 AM   eBay Motors  #33 (permalink)
Wide open in neutral
Lifetime Supporting Member

Lmao I guarantee it I wanted to see how long it would last so far 128k miles but it won't make it through the summer.

"The Blessed Hellride"-08' GMC Sierra SLT CC/SB, 12,000 miles!
Engine-EFI Live, blocked, re routed, air box mod, 3" downpipe, raptor 100 lift pump, amsoil
Trans- Transgo jr. and deep pan
Exhaust- 4" MBRP straight pipe, 5" RBP tip
Suspension- leveled, PAC Brake air bags
Other- Fab fours winch bumper, large fender mod, 17x9 Fuel kranks, 35" Cooper STT's, limo tint, 100 gal. Fuel tank, tool box.
WVRigRat08 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2011, 11:37 AM   eBay Motors  #34 (permalink)
like a Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmax4life View Post
i appreciate it! i'm just ready to get this bad boy built and feel the true power i'm trying to lay down!!!
no worries bud, i can deffently say its a night and day difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVRigRat05 View Post
Lmao I guarantee it I wanted to see how long it would last so far 128k miles but it won't make it through the summer.
thats what happens when youre not nice to things
BIG Thanks to: IdahoRob, Mike L., Suncoast, BD Diesel, PPE, Fuel, S&B, Industrial Injection

Old 05-10-2011, 11:38 AM   eBay Motors  #35 (permalink)
DF Sponsors

Quote:
Originally Posted by guytonLBZ View Post
either route you take you wont be disappointed. the main difference between the 2 is PPEs kit machines down the apply piston (which ive seen overtime fail) and our kit machines down the metal pressure plate. but if you got anymore questions other than what hasnt already been anwsered above let me know

your C3s sound like there about as black as Wesley Snipes

PPE does not machine down the apply piston. They are custom made new ones and I have yet to see a failure. The top plate in the PPE C3 plate is also machined. I designed this kit.
Mike L. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2011, 11:56 AM   eBay Motors  #36 (permalink)
like a Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L. View Post
PPE does not machine down the apply piston. They are custom made new ones and I have yet to see a failure. The top plate in the PPE C3 plate is also machined. I designed this kit.
that would be a mistake from what Dan told me Mike and i apologize. and i have a pic that i would like you to look at if i can find it here shortly

Old 05-11-2011, 11:06 AM   eBay Motors  #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L. View Post
Mike is 100% correct!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guytonLBZ View Post
that would be a mistake from what Dan told me Mike and i apologize. and i have a pic that i would like you to look at if i can find it here shortly
Holton,
I don’t think I ever told you our apply pistons were machined, They are specifically engineered for this application. Most other kits used machine stock pistons which tend to fail because of the machining on the rubber coasted piston. I might have told you the backing plates are machined.
Dan@PPE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2011, 11:40 AM   eBay Motors  #38 (permalink)

So a machined piston is more apt to fail? Are ppes apply piston pretty pricey?
04 LLY CC Short bed Black Grey leater...16" black Helos...4" exhaust...Auto meter phantoms...home made traction bars...some tunes...Air Dog 150...Ported Rail Fitting...XDP race valve...built trans by me...ML converter...S475 over stock built by me

IHI MINI EXCAVATOR-8 HP 2 cylinder Isuzu diesel motor.
bradyn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2011, 11:42 AM   eBay Motors  #39 (permalink)
like a Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradyn View Post
So a machined piston is more apt to fail? Are ppes apply piston pretty pricey?
that whole thing was miss communication. PPEs apply pistons are cast differently to allow for more clutches and are included already in the stage V kits

Old 05-11-2011, 12:05 PM   eBay Motors  #40 (permalink)
Banned

Hey Holton.. What are you guys charging to install these?
2009RavenR1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.