Gear vendors o/d units - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Transmission Shop Discuss the Allison OEM, aftermarket, and the ZF-6.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2011, 06:52 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Gear vendors o/d units

Part #3D0261A $3395.00
Automatic 5-6-Speed NV 261/263 Big Block Gas "Allison".
Replaces rear transfer case housing.
2001 and up big block gas.

Gear Vendors under/overdrive transmissions the most awarded auxiliary transmissions.
http://www.irinfo.com/overdrive/gv.pdf

I just wanted to hear what anyone had to say about the units. I have wanted one for years, but am going to wait until I get my LBZ. Let me know what you have on them, thanks
Colt
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NP263_GM.jpg (36.2 KB, 58 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2011, 06:57 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

I doubt the OD unit will handle the torque of the D-Max.
Chevy 04.5 LLY, 2X, shell, XDR, MikeL Heavy duty up-grade, 6spd, TransGo, deep pan, de-badged, 65 Gallon replacement Aero tank, LBZ-mp, Kennedy pump, shimmed, Pre-fuel filter, tow mirrors, BU cam, gauges, GPS, Sirius, bags, custom grille, fender vents, HD trans cooler- Curt front hitch, footwell lights, load lights, Studs, head gaskets.--- Jerry
jc1843 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2011, 07:03 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

I was trying to find the details on torque, but the BASE UNIT will handle 1200+HP, and 30,000 Lbs GVW. You can order kits that will handle over 2000 HP, so I am pretty sure that it will handle the torque??? I am interested to find out more about the unit.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:05 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
Evergreen Oil Burners

i dont think the O/D unit would be much help, with the double overdrive the 6 speed Alli already has this would probably put your rpms way out of the power band

however the U/D might be useful for BIG loads

built trans and lift pump coming soon!

special thanks to
ADP, ATP, HDP, UDP, BDDP, MJS
SteepyBS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2011, 07:15 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Will it hold? yeah.. probably

but you will engage the over drive unit for each of the 6 (or 5) gears.... making your allison a 10 or 12 speed transmission.

but only one of those gears is going to be taller than your tallest over drive unit
DiamondEye 4", EFI Live by BobO, Edge Insight CTS, S&B Intake, Bilstein 5100 shocks, MOOG idler/pitman with SS support, Raptor 150, P553207, !PCV, !EGR, Transgo Jr, Rare Parts tie rods, 55 watt 4.5k HID low/hi/fogs, Belltech 3" lowering shackle
danhr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2011, 08:08 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

These units will easily handle the torque & hp.
Not gonna help ya much unless you have gears 4.XX-5.XX. The 6 speed with 3.73's is plenty good.
Why are you wanting one?

Restored 1972 Cheyenne K10 Long Bed, GMPP Stroker, overdrive behind Turbo 350 & trans case, 3.73 gears, the list goes on.........
gmpacnw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2011, 10:56 AM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
DF Sponsors

I have not seen one installed in a duramax but I have had to replace 2 main shafts ( GV ) behind stock Cummins. They snap pretty easy.
Mike L. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2011, 10:56 AM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Fanatic

My understanding was that those units are not for diesels since engine braking will damage the unit.
If you want overdrive, then get the suncoast 5-6 spd tranny conversion instead.
2005 Silverado EC/SB, LLY, 4WD, EFI DSP5 V2 (Idaho Rob at ATP), Edge CTS w/ EGT probe, LML Exhaust Manifold, PPE shimmed FPRV, Banks LBZ air cleaner, Profab intake, LBZ Turbo Mouthpiece, Kennedy twin lift pumps w/ megafilter, Corsa 304 SS Exhaust, Mike L tranny cooler, EXAXT Steering System, Redhead Power Steering Box w/ Amsoil PS fluid, Green Torsion Keys, Allison Deep Pan w/ Suncoast Filterlock and Transynd ATF, Bilstein 5100's (Norcal), Cognito UCA's, 17" NBS alloy rims, 265/70R17 Michelin LTX M/S2's, Pioneer AVH-P3200BT, CubbyCam Backup Camera, Pop & Lock Power Tailgate Lock, Extang Solid Fold Tonneau Cover, Tekonsha P3 Brake controller, Alphatherm AT-38OD Washer Fluid Heater
MTL_Dmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.