Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Batmo Question

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  04jimc 
#1 ·
What are the benefits of this aftermarket wheel? I would like to hear from those who have installed it on a stock turbo.

#2 ·
I don't have it on my truck but from what I hear the gains are nothing spectacular. It does make the turbo a little louder on the intake side and slightly faster spool up. I'm sure mackyoudip or someone will chime in and help you out.

#3 ·
From what Ive read is people who can do it themselves think its a good investment, but if you pay for someone to do it. Not so much

#4 ·
Right on thx guys, I could do it myself, but I think i would want to find a great deal on one or a used one.

#5 ·
Let's be clear here guys, the VVT turbos it is a lot of work and a consensus not really worth it unless you have to pull the turbo anyway.

the LB7 IHI's can be done with the turbo still on the truck, I can't remember the testimonials but IIRC they were worthwhole.

posting results on a VVT truck will not help this fella who is looking to buy an LB7

#6 ·
call and talk to larry at danville performance...he can tell you what kinda gains they are seeing...i talked with him about one on an lb7 with efi live, and im sold on it.. just gotta let the account build back up cause i just dropped over a grand on airdog 2 and insite. if i were you i would spend money on gettn the fuel and filter system upgraded first....well after you get a truck that is

#8 ·
I have one on my lbz, I installed it at the same time as a egr delete,3" down pipe and LML manifold.
The truck is on stock tune for now with just the egr and grid heater deleted, and the truck runs better, has a bit more power and spools faster.
But I agree, if you have to take the turbo off then do it for sure, I had a oil leak from the pressure line under the turbo so that's why I did it.
And the sound, well it sounds like super charger whine now lol.

#9 ·
I have one on my LBZ, it really helped my spool up, also I have zero smoke now on every tune except my big one. I did it at the same time as an EGR delete, so not much more work.

#10 ·
Mine suprisingly cleans up my 40 over nozzles on my tunes as well. I like it so far. If your worried about making your stock charger last forever, just know that these are unproven for reliability so far. (the balancing controversy)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.