Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Single Turbo Thread

32K views 151 replies 50 participants last post by  Thebiggids 
#1 · (Edited)
There's been a lot of questions lately about single chargers and lag, smoke, egts, sound, etc. I made this thread for people that have NON-VVT single turbochargers to post up videos, pics and answer any questions that arise.

#2 ·
I'll start by posting up a video that I made while driving on the highway to show spool time while cruising. I will do another one with stop & go traffic with normal acceleration, and another while towing a light load. The turbo is a Bullseye s375(T4 s400) with a .90 A/R, 87mm turbine. Please excuse my dumbass commentary. :D

#30 ·
I'll start by posting up a video that I made while driving on the highway to show spool time while cruising. I will do another one with stop & go traffic with normal acceleration, and another while towing a light load. The turbo is a Bullseye s375(T4 s400) with a .90 A/R, 87mm turbine. Please excuse my dumbass commentary. :D
"all right, here we go, gettin' on the highway, going to roll into it like normal"
Just so I'm clear, 45lbs of boost and 80mph is "rolling into it like normal"? :rof:thumb
hahaha, truck sounds good bro.

#4 ·
nice video that thing gets up on top end quick.

#5 ·
dang work has the vid link blocked.. sub'd. I have def. decided not to go with a "little girls" 4094 lol tryin to do my homework so see what single I need.. been lookin at the EPR LBZ big single kit with a 475 or ???.. not to de-rail but what y'all think about that?

#6 ·
:neener
It depends on what your goals are. If you want a decent driving truck that can beat almost anything it encounters on the street, an s366 or similar is more than enough. The larger chargers run better with the more fuel you throw at it, so they may not be for everyone. If you tow any thing over 8k the s475 isnt the best choice but you cant beat the overall performance.

#16 · (Edited)
I'll make a video tomorrow of normal driving and towing a small 3,000 pound load.

Technically it is an s375. Bullseye classifies their turbos a little different. The s375 is an s400 frame with a T4 turbine. Same with the s372. A real s475 is a T6.

#11 ·
Sweet.... this thread will give me an idea on what kind of turbo to get for my truck.

sub'd

#18 ·
everyone thinks they have to get either an s366 or an s475, remember that there are other sizes in-between those that might be better for some applications..I decided on a billet s472 because I will loose boost between shifting, but it's still more than enough for a stock engine as well..should be fun tho!

#21 ·
Correct. There is an s464 & s466 as well as different combos on the turbine side.
Lets see some videos of that thing!

What rpms are guys with 472/475s pulling their shifts out to?
3800-4000 range. If you dont have upgraded valve springs & more fuel its kinda pointless to go over 3400 IMO.
Another question is what kind of fueling are you guys using? Injectors and cp3?
I have a bone stock CP3 with 134,000 miles and 40% nozzles.

#20 ·
Also the guys with the 366/371s. Another question is what kind of fueling are you guys using? Injectors and cp3?

I have been on the fence about making a thread to get some more info for my build. I am needing injectors again and the turbo is needing attention. So both are going to get done at the same time. Hopefully we can get most of it in here.

#22 ·
im hung up on the s472, im just wondering if i should stick with a smaller s366 or a larger than stock vgt turbo because of emissions.

#25 ·
Directly from Bullseye Power through my local diesel hotrod shop. Danville is a Bullseye dealer so they can take care of anything you want.

#26 ·
No video but heres a crappy pic of my current setup:

billet 366, currently running stock LBZ CP3 with 40% injectors. I just added profab manifolds and it really helped the turbo spool up. my cruising boost is down a few rpm over my batmo stocker. drive pressure is right at 1:1, egts at cruise are at 7-800, slightly lower than stock(that was before the manifolds).

#35 ·
Looks like it runs pretty good chris!!! After you get married here really shortly maybe you can bring that thing out and we will go for a ride in it. Then i will take ya for a ride in mine to compare the differences on spool, drive pressure, egts, etc.... it will give people a good idea if they want a single or twins. Only problem is that cam you have isreally helping spool that s475 so these stock motor guys arent going to spool quite like yours does. Keep that in mind guys.

#37 ·
Hey Chris thought you were doing the twin turbo's seen it in one of the threads. Did Blackout performance do all your mods on your truck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.