Danville turbos - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Turbo's Stock and Aftermarket. Place for all your turbo questions

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2012, 03:56 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Danville turbos

Looking for a drop in replacement and Danville looks like my best option. Towing capabilities are very important to me, but still want the ability to flog it once in a while. Briefly talked to Matt and he recommended their 2.5" stage 2 BMW or 66mm billet stage 2 because I tow 6-10,000 lbs. Anyone have any experience with these chargers.

I'm also curious how these turbos would work in a twin set up. A large 5th wheel may be in the future, so this will also be considered.
Tunes by IdahoRob. Mike L. Trans & Cooler. Danville 66mm Billet. II 40's. Adrenaline Y-Bridge/Trans Brace. AirDog II 165. S&B CAI. Merchant Pump Rub & Sleeves. Diamond Eye DP. MBRP 4''. SportComp II PC (EGT, Boost, Fuel Pressure). Bilstein 5100. 62" Traction Bars. Cognito Pitman/Idler Braces. Airlift Wireless Air & PacBrake Bags.
Grizz3500 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 05:28 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

i'm running a 4094 anvt with billet wheel from danville. so far i'm liking the turbo. it is alittle slow on the spool but not too bad. a couple weekends ago i towed right around 25,000lbs or so and it did good. i dont' think it tows as good as stock since it is slower spooling and the exhaust brake is almost none existant. towing in my heavy tow tune egts never over 1200 and boost right around 25. on the street empty it pulls hard. in my DD tune i can light the tires at 25 mph and when it lights in the big tunes hold on buddy!!
Dyno - 582hp 1209tq - SJD, 561hp 1247tq floor-it-diesel (stock turbo & inj.)
Track - 12.82 @ 105.5 mph @7300lbs 1.82 60 ft

07 lbz rclb

Kory tuned, RDL egr delete, banks IC, insight,
bd lift pump w/remote WS, nicktane, ranch hand front
plowboy_lbz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 08:05 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

Good to hear Plowboy. I've heard the turbo braking isn't the best on the 4094. hoping to get some personal feedback on some others like the ones I mentioned. Stock spool up or better would be nice. What were you hauling that weighed that much?
Tunes by IdahoRob. Mike L. Trans & Cooler. Danville 66mm Billet. II 40's. Adrenaline Y-Bridge/Trans Brace. AirDog II 165. S&B CAI. Merchant Pump Rub & Sleeves. Diamond Eye DP. MBRP 4''. SportComp II PC (EGT, Boost, Fuel Pressure). Bilstein 5100. 62" Traction Bars. Cognito Pitman/Idler Braces. Airlift Wireless Air & PacBrake Bags.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:57 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

Well mark told me himself that is 2.5 (I think) was more of an upgraded stocker. He recomended it for towing but wouldn't offer alot higher performance. Now his 68mm (not the 4094) he said was to deliver stock spool up, decent turbo brake, and excellent performance. Now I could be wrong on the turbo sizes.
Dyno - 582hp 1209tq - SJD, 561hp 1247tq floor-it-diesel (stock turbo & inj.)
Track - 12.82 @ 105.5 mph @7300lbs 1.82 60 ft

07 lbz rclb

Kory tuned, RDL egr delete, banks IC, insight,
bd lift pump w/remote WS, nicktane, ranch hand front
plowboy_lbz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 10:14 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

Probably right on the 2.5. The 68mm or they also offer a 66mm are probably what will fit my needs. Don't know what the performance differences would be. I can never get away from work during their business hrs to really talk to them. Thats why I hoped someone would chime in.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:25 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

I had his stage 2 2.5", your better off with a stock turbo.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:45 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

Ouch, good to know Mike. Don't want the 2.5 if it's not any better than a stocker. Who's tuning were you using?
Old 11-28-2012, 12:18 AM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz3500 View Post
Ouch, good to know Mike. Don't want the 2.5 if it's not any better than a stocker. Who's tuning were you using?
I have tuning through Starlite Diesel. He is good friends with mark and has tuned lots of marks turbos. He knows vvt's very well.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:42 AM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Loving my 4094 here.

I do EFIlive tuning and let me say that vane tuning is REQUIRED to make these turbos shine. Without the vane tuning, spoolup is slow.....with tuning it's lightning fast even with a cast wheel.

The turbo brake feature is much less on this turbo. To get good turbobrake effect, you have to be 2500rpm or better... It still works, just not as brutal strong as the holdback can be on a stock turbo.

--CC, SB 4X4 Duramax Diesel/ 6 spd Allison Auto (PTO high idle mod)
--EFILive by KB3MMX Tuning W/ SDP Towing Twins (Billet S475 over Stock)
--SILVERLINE 4" Stainless Exhaust
--AMSOIL Synthetics and filtration bumper to bumper, including Bypass
--DDM tuning HID's in Low and High Beams, 6000K Lows/4250K Highs
--PPE rear Diff cover, PPE Deep Trans Pan, PPE High Flow Manifolds and Up Pipes
--Danville 3" Y Bridge and big air intake kit / EGR delete
--Airdog II DF200 w/ CAT UHE filter upgrade...etc,etc...
KB3MMX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2012, 12:34 PM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)

I am thinking I would like to have the Danville 72mm (4094) for my truck, but from everything I have been reading, I will need to get some other goodies on my truck before I can take full advantage of it.

KB3,

Are you running bigger injectors on your truck? I had read that they were a good idea for this turbo. Also read that aftermarket uppipes wouldn't hurt as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Franklin
Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didnít.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald Reagan
It isnít so much that liberals are ignorant. Itís just that they know so many things that arenít so.
rkhodges21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.