4094 spool up - Page 4 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Turbo's Stock and Aftermarket. Place for all your turbo questions

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 08:06 PM   eBay Motors  #31 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike diesel View Post
yea my metal chop saw only goes up to 4 inch so i couldnt cut my stack with it so i took it to my work last night and i thought i may have gotten carried away with cutting it down too much but i think it turned out nice. i may put maybe a 15 degree mitre on it eventually to so its not so blunt. i picked this stack up from a buddy for 30 bucks! he traded a 7 inch tip for 2 of these stacks so i ended up just buying one from him. id say it was a good trade
uhm, YEAH. lol

I think a slight mitre would really set it off. Height looks good. I want mine completely hidden, I'm just hoping if it exits in the bed it won't resonate too awfully horrible

2004.5 LLY Ext Cab 8' ~EFI, Fabtech 6" and much, much more.. SOLD
nvrplzd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 08:09 PM   eBay Motors  #32 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrplzd View Post
uhm, YEAH. lol

I think a slight mitre would really set it off. Height looks good. I want mine completely hidden, I'm just hoping if it exits in the bed it won't resonate too awfully horrible
honestly i think the lower it sits in the bed the louder it will be. the pitch of the exhaust sound vibrates the rear door panels now
Old 12-12-2012, 09:27 PM   eBay Motors  #33 (permalink)

Can you hear my whistle baby, whistle baby, haha jk!!!
Old 12-13-2012, 03:33 AM   eBay Motors  #34 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy_lbz View Post
that is a good point. egts are the same as they were with my stock turbo but this one makes more power. and if you compare power levels, lets say stock turbo at 550 hp 1700 egts, vs. 4094 at 550 hp egts around 1400. thats how i look at it, in the big tune they are just as hot, but in the smaller tunes that still make good hp egts are under 1500.

Makes sense that the top tunes are just as high on EGTs because you are making more power.
Same goes for lower EGTs at the same HP level versus a stock turbo due to more airflow.
2005 Silverado EC/SB, LLY, 4WD, EFI DSP5 V2 (Idaho Rob at ATP), Edge CTS w/ EGT probe, LML Exhaust Manifold, PPE shimmed FPRV, Banks LBZ air cleaner, Profab intake, LBZ Turbo Mouthpiece, Kennedy twin lift pumps w/ megafilter, Corsa 304 SS Exhaust, Mike L tranny cooler, EXAXT Steering System, Redhead Power Steering Box w/ Amsoil PS fluid, Green Torsion Keys, Allison Deep Pan w/ Suncoast Filterlock and Transynd ATF, Bilstein 5100's (Norcal), Cognito UCA's, 17" NBS alloy rims, 265/70R17 Michelin LTX M/S2's, Pioneer AVH-P3200BT, CubbyCam Backup Camera, Pop & Lock Power Tailgate Lock, Extang Solid Fold Tonneau Cover, Tekonsha P3 Brake controller, Alphatherm AT-38OD Washer Fluid Heater
MTL_Dmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 04:38 PM   eBay Motors  #35 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Injectors will help this turbo all around though^^
All stock for sale
2004 LLY rclb zf6:
-dsp5/idahorob
Sold
2004 LLY GMC
-Dsp5/mark danville turbo, cp3, 40% injectors
650hp-SOLD
llypower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2012, 11:57 AM   eBay Motors  #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by llypower View Post
Injectors will help this turbo all around though^^
For sure! When I got the 45% nozzles and retune from Mark it was much more responsive. I like it much better with the nozzles.
07 CCSB 4X4 LBZ: Danville Billet 4094 & 45% Nozzles, DSP5 by Mark at Danville, BT Lockup Box, Romeo Fab Up-Pipes, Downpipe, & 3" Y-Bridge, Banks Hotside/PPE Boot, BD Manifold, Rail Shimmed, PCV Reroute, MBRP 4", S&B Intake, Airdog 2 165, Autometer Factory Match Boost/Pyro, Suncoast GMax 6-3/Precision ML built by Riley Gullett, MA Pump Rub & TC Brace & Big Hog Customs Trans Cooler Lines.
Cognito UCA's, Rancho 9000XL's, Rare Parts HD Tie Rods, All Season Centerlink Bracket, HD Idler Support/Gusset, Russell Stainless Brake Lines, Brake Performance Dimpled/Slotted Rotors, Custom Traction Bars, Line X Xtra, 6K HID Lows and Fogs, Smoked Headlights & Taillights.
BMF 20x9 Death Metal Rehabs with 305-50 Nitto 420S
DaveB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2012, 12:04 PM   eBay Motors  #37 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Yes some nozzles are in my future
Old 12-15-2012, 01:08 PM   eBay Motors  #38 (permalink)
Banned

Mine gets to 1600 in the big tune and won't go over 1350 in my 500 rwhp DD tune even if I stay into it. Cruising at 70 mph it's about 700 degrees. Spools almost like stock...
smokinlmm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 12:48 PM   eBay Motors  #39 (permalink)

I just put on the 4094 I got from Meyers Performance and I have Danville's billet wheel and I've been a little disappointed in the performance.
I just got tuning from ATP and my DSP5 went bad had to order another one, so I'm only able to run their Stock/optimized tune. Maybe it will impress me once I get in to their bigger tunes, but right now I expected more.
Any one running a BatMo wheel in these? What is that like?
Duramax-Joe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 01:08 PM   eBay Motors  #40 (permalink)
ATPTRUCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duramax-Joe View Post
I just put on the 4094 I got from Meyers Performance and I have Danville's billet wheel and I've been a little disappointed in the performance.
I just got tuning from ATP and my DSP5 went bad had to order another one, so I'm only able to run their Stock/optimized tune. Maybe it will impress me once I get in to their bigger tunes, but right now I expected more.
Any one running a BatMo wheel in these? What is that like?
a stock tune will feel like a stock truck so i fully understand you expecting more. wait til the actual tunes are operating with the correct switch.
Special thanks to: Mike L, Gtrippin, IdahoRob, Dmaxstore, HSP, ISSPRO, Yukon, Airdog

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Adrenaline Truck Performance IDAHO ROB 208.685.1000
sickdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.