turbo to choose? - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Turbo's Stock and Aftermarket. Place for all your turbo questions

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 09:12 AM   eBay Motors  #11 (permalink)

An s480 is going to be really laggy. My gt42 will tow a little but I wouldn't want to be hauling every week with it.
Garrett 4202.
PPE Dual Fueler.
RDL Manifold, up pipes.
Tie rod sleeves, Straight Centerlink and braces.
B-Weir is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2013, 09:31 AM   eBay Motors  #12 (permalink)
Banned

Call Mark at Danville Performance and get him to set you up with a charger...
smokinlmm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 09:48 AM   eBay Motors  #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinlmm View Post
Call Mark at Danville Performance and get him to set you up with a charger...
Thanks I will look him up and call him Monday. I hear the 480 batmo isn't that laggy. I found some people running the 475batmo with the 6.6 and 40over injectors and said it was highly streetable with the right tuning.
2011 LML ecm converted to lmm 4x4 CCD Socal stroker kit, bored .040 for the 437ci, PPE mans, up pipes, 5" exhaust, 250Fass lift pump, EFI live, Focal K2s all around two JL 13" PS2 flip down in back, dual CP3 custom built tran thanks to the help and savings from Tim Heckler Ballies, Sam at Southern Style Diesel, Mark at Danville, Tony at All season, Guy at Socal, Mike L, and all the people on the df

Coming soon triple 366 turbo system.
DmaxMonster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013, 08:36 AM   eBay Motors  #14 (permalink)

Im not sure if Newly has sold his twin kit yet but that kit would get you to 1000hp with some fabing of the kit
"Live by a gun,Die by a bullet"
Rifleman3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013, 08:44 AM   eBay Motors  #15 (permalink)
Received a Hummer

Sled Pulling vs. Towing = apples and oranges. IMO if you want something that is streetable, fun, and tows well... get yourself a twin setup. Different people have different opinions... some like singles, some like twins, etc.. I don't think you'll get one straight answer. And am I understanding right, you are converting your LML to an LMM? Wouldn't it be cheaper to just sell the LML and buy an LMM?
Old 01-07-2013, 09:09 AM   eBay Motors  #16 (permalink)
DF Sponsors

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0useforaname View Post
Sled Pulling vs. Towing = apples and oranges. IMO if you want something that is streetable, fun, and tows well... get yourself a twin setup. Different people have different opinions... some like singles, some like twins, etc.. I don't think you'll get one straight answer. And am I understanding right, you are converting your LML to an LMM? Wouldn't it be cheaper to just sell the LML and buy an LMM?
X2 would be a lot cheaper and smarter. If worried about cost of what the 4202 would cost I would stop now. Also here is a billet 4202 GTX4202R
11.53 @ 116.92 1.66 60's
RIP LBZ 6/1/08@5:44pm she was strong
She's Alive again
Born on July 27, 2008, 11:59:02 PM

Custom ECM & TCM Tuning for 2001-2010 LB7/LLY/LBZ/LMM trucks
by Tony Martino at Ridge Runner Diesel available here-
EFI Live Products
ripmf666 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013, 11:02 AM   eBay Motors  #17 (permalink)

was looking for a all around good turbo for now to twin later but for now would be giving me the most hp i can get yet still be able to tow...I could not find a LMM that I wanted with the options i wanted when I got mine. I talked to Mark at danville smart guy. We decided to go with a S475 87mm batmo. should work well for what I am after. I will keep you all up to date on how it works out. Thanks everyone you you help.
2011 LML ecm converted to lmm 4x4 CCD Socal stroker kit, bored .040 for the 437ci, PPE mans, up pipes, 5" exhaust, 250Fass lift pump, EFI live, Focal K2s all around two JL 13" PS2 flip down in back, dual CP3 custom built tran thanks to the help and savings from Tim Heckler Ballies, Sam at Southern Style Diesel, Mark at Danville, Tony at All season, Guy at Socal, Mike L, and all the people on the df

Old 01-07-2013, 12:23 PM   eBay Motors  #18 (permalink)

is the only reason your converting to LMM the EFI capabilities? seems like a mess of trouble
ISS pro factory matched EV2 gauges
6" Fabtech Non-Torsion Bar Drop Lift
20x9 BMF repr's 35x12.5 Toyo M/T's
Instagram: chadbaker110
H-TOWN TX
chadbaker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013, 03:00 PM   eBay Motors  #19 (permalink)

The block.is the.best one gm has made yet, the frame is the most solid the trany has the bigest oit put shaft of the past years, the dually bed sides are real metal. It one of the most solid trucks gm has put out imo minus the dpf,egr,dfp, and ecm crap...i wanted.a lmm but some times u have to make do woth what you.have..that amd i want 1,000+rwhp.. I dout you will be getting that with any tuner in the next couple years at best..they will make promises but add a year to 6months to that. I just.got.tierd of waiting. Once i do it and have the bugs worked out i most likely wont be the last.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.